No Sweat: How the Simple Science of Motivation Can Bring You a Lifetime of Fitness
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
We always start with the best of intentions when we begin a new exercise program. In fact, we could not be more determined to tone our bodies and g... Read More
We always start with the best of intentions when we begin a new exercise program. In fact, we could not be more determined to tone our bodies and get in shape! But then our planned week of five days at the gym or doing an at-home program turns into three days, into one day, into . . . Who has the time? The truth is, we still really do want to be healthy and fit, but we have become so overwhelmed and overextended with other nonnegotiables in life that we view exercise as just another chore to complete--an optional chore. Behavior expert Michelle Segar has devoted her career to the science of motivation. Over the years she has discovered a groundbreaking law of humanity that has completely revamped her mindset on how we are best motivated to exercise: Human beings are hardwired to choose immediate gratification over delayed benefits. In other words, we’re not going to exercise unless it makes us happy right now. In her USA Today Best Book honoree No Sweat, Segar lays out the path for revamping our mindset toward exercise and finding fulfillment and enjoyment in exercise today. Translating twenty years of research on exercise and motivation into a simple four-point program, she helps readers broaden their definition of exercise, find pleasure in physical activity, and discover realistic ways to fit it into their lives. Complete with testimonies of success from Segar’s clients, their stories punctuate the book, entertaining and emboldening readers to break the cycle of exercise failure once and for all. It’s simple--activities we enjoy, we repeat. With the revolutionary principles and exercise tips in No Sweat, getting in shape has never been so much fun. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michelle Segar
- About the Contributor(s) MICHELLE L. SEGAR is a behavioral sustainability scientist and Director of the Sport, Health, Activity Research and Policy (SHARP) Center...MICHELLE L. SEGAR is a behavioral sustainability scientist and Director of the Sport, Health, Activity Research and Policy (SHARP) Center at the University of Michigan. She holds a Ph.D. in Psychology and Master's degrees in Health Behavior and Kinesiology. A sought-after advisor, her expertise has been featured in The New York Times, Forbes, Elle, Prevention, and other major media. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.52 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.