Purpose Mindset: How Microsoft Inspires Employees and Alumni to Change the World - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Learn the innovative strategies Microsoft pioneered that created a virtuous cycle of giving and volunteerism that has benefited the company and fulfilled its employees while making the world a better place.
Early on in the Microsoft story, Bill Gates and other key executives met to decide how they would incentivize employees to make a charitable impact. The status quo was to offer a small percentage of your paycheck as a pretax deduction to a charity selected by your company. Microsoft decided to so something revolutionary instead.
The Purpose Mindset tells the inside story behind how Microsoft built its culture of giving, including powerful stories from Microsoft alumni who were in the room when these decisions were made or who went on to make powerful change in the world, emboldened by their time at Microsoft.
Throughout these pages, alumni such as author Akhtar Badshah, the head of Microsoft’s Philanthropy program from 2004-2014, take you through the first-of-its-kind decisions that have empowered and incentivized employees:
- Hear the first-hand accounts from interviews with Microsoft executives such as Jeff and Tricia Raikes, Patrick Awuah, Paul Maritz, and many others.
- Learn how Microsoft’s early decision to encourage employees to support causes personal to them was a key impetus to multiplying the impact.
- Get insider accounts on the key decisions Microsoft has made along its journey to make individual philanthropy a core element of their culture.
- See how its culture of giving is one of the key elements to Microsoft’s success in attracting and retaining top talent.
The Purpose Mindset examines how this culture of giving that has been successful at Microsoft regarding job satisfaction, recruiting, and employee retention can be duplicated in your own work life, whether you are a business leader or you are seeking employment at a company that contributes to something greater than themselves.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Akhtar Badshah
- Narrator(s) Matt Addis
- About the Contributor(s) Akhtar Badshah was head of Microsoft’s philanthropy program from 2004-2014. He is himself a prime example of the kind of...
Akhtar Badshah was head of Microsoft’s philanthropy program from 2004-2014. He is himself a prime example of the kind of engaged alumni that will be featured in this book, currently serving as the Chair of the Board of Global Washington, and also serving on the boards of the Microsoft Alumni Network and The Indus Entrepreneurs Seattle chapter. He is an internationally recognized development and philanthropy expert.show more
- Publish Date11/10/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time08:36:00
- Price $24.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.