Raising Humans in a Digital World: Helping Kids Build a Healthy Relationship with Technology
- Regular price
- Sale price
The Internet can be a scary, dangerous place especially for children. This book shows parents how to help digital kids navigate this environment.
Sexting, cyberbullying, revenge porn, online predators…all of these potential threats can tempt parents to snatch the smartphone or tablet out of their children’s hands. While avoidance might eliminate the dangers, that approach also means your child misses out on technology’s many benefits and opportunities.
In Raising Humans in a Digital World, digital literacy educator Diana Graber shows how children must learn to handle the digital space through:
- developing social-emotional skills
- balancing virtual and real life
- building safe and healthy relationships
- avoiding cyberbullies and online predators
- protecting personal information
- identifying and avoiding fake news and questionable content
- becoming positive role models and leaders
Raising Humans in a Digital World is packed with at-home discussion topics and enjoyable activities that any busy family can slip into their daily routine.
Full of practical tips grounded in academic research and hands-on experience, today’s parents finally have what they’ve been waiting for—a guide to raising digital kids who will become the positive and successful leaders our world desperately needs.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Diana Graber
- About the Contributor(s) Diana Graber, a Digital Literacy educator and advocate, was recently honored with the National Association for Media Literacy Education’s 2017...
Diana Graber, a Digital Literacy educator and advocate, was recently honored with the National Association for Media Literacy Education’s 2017 Media Literacy Teacher Award. She is the co-founder of Cyberwise, a leading online safety and digital literacy organization and the founder and creator of Cyber Civics, the popular and innovative middle school digital citizenship and literacy program currently being taught in schools in over 30 U.S. states, the U.K., Canada, New Zealand, and Africa.show more
- Publish Date01/15/2019
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.59 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.