Raising Humans in a Digital World: Helping Kids Build a Healthy Relationship with Technology
- Regular price
- Sale price
Sexting, cyberbullying, revenge porn, online predators… all of these potential threats can tempt parents to snatch the smartphone or tablet right out of their children’s hands. While avoidance might eliminate the dangers, that approach also means your child misses out on technology’s many benefits and opportunities.
Raising Humans in a Digital World shows how digital kids must learn to navigate this environment, through
- developing social-emotional skills
- balancing virtual and real life
- building safe and healthy relationships
- avoiding cyberbullies and online predators
- protecting personal information
- identifying and avoiding fake news and questionable content
- becoming positive role models and leaders.
This book is packed with at-home discussion topics and enjoyable activities that any busy family can slip into their daily routine. Full of practical tips grounded in academic research and hands-on experience, today’s parents finally have what they’ve been waiting for—a guide to raising digital kids who will become the positive and successful leaders our world desperately needs.
Praise for Raising Humans in a Digital World
“If you need practical, positive advice on how to handle your and your kids’ digital lives, look no further. This book tackles the risks and addresses the potential harms, while keeping our eyes on the prize of the remarkable rewards that the online world brings.”
--Stephen Balkam, founder & CEO, Family Online Safety Institute
“Raising Humans in a Digital World is not only a timely book, it’s essential reading for every parent, grandparent, and teacher. Diana Graber empowers you through her educational (proven and practical) curriculum and engages you through anecdotal stories.”
--Sue Scheff, founder of Parents’ Universal Resource Experts and author of Shame Nation, Google Bomb, and Wit’s End
“Brilliant, compelling, and essential are the first words that came to my mind when reading Diana Graber’s Raising Humans in a Digital World. Diana not only taps her own exemplary expertise but also assembles a “who’s who” of digital thought leaders to deliver a treasure trove of pragmatic advice via an engaging storytelling style.”
--Alan Katzman, founder and CEO, Social Assurity LLC
“Diana Graber not only shows parents how to create safe and responsible relationships in this ever-changing digital world, but she gives them the powerful tools to navigate through the many aspects of what is required to keep kids safe online. The misuse of technology and the cruel behaviors that take place daily by kids and teens can be changed, and Graber shows this in her informative and educational book Raising Humans in a Digital World. The book should be every parent’s bible as a resource to ensure that their children are responsible and safe.”
--Ross Ellis, founder and CEO, STOMP Out Bullying
“This beautifully written book gives you the tools to raise healthy kids in a digital world. The anecdotes underscore the thoughtfulness of today’s youth and their hunger for learning how to navigate their world well, instead of just being warned off by fearful adults. It is thoughtfully organized and theoretically sound, and will empower parents to have some of those much-needed conversations with their kids.”
--Dr. Pamela Rutledge, director, Media Psychology Research Center and faculty member, Fielding Graduate University
- Contributor(s)Diana Graber
- About the Contributor(s) Diana Graber, a Digital Literacy educator and advocate, was recently honored with the National Association for Media Literacy Education’s 2017...
Diana Graber, a Digital Literacy educator and advocate, was recently honored with the National Association for Media Literacy Education’s 2017 Media Literacy Teacher Award. She is the co-founder of Cyberwise, a leading online safety and digital literacy organization and the founder and creator of Cyber Civics, the popular and innovative middle school digital citizenship and literacy program currently being taught in schools in over 30 U.S. states, the U.K., Canada, New Zealand, and Africa.show more
- Publish Date01/15/2019
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.16 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $12.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.