Run With the Bulls Without Getting Trampled: The Qualities You Need to Stay Out of Harm's Way and Thrive at Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
By some estimates, we will spend over 100,000 hours at work during our lifetime. With more than half of our waking hours revolving around work, our... Read More
By some estimates, we will spend over 100,000 hours at work during our lifetime. With more than half of our waking hours revolving around work, our means of producing a paycheck has become one of the most dominant dimensions of our lives, absorbing a huge commitment of our life energies. Unfortunately for so many, our work is not what we relish but rather a major source of pain. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to be able to say at the end of our lives, “My work was worth it--the challenges, the hardships, and the rewards. I invested those years well. I made a difference”? How can we learn to work this way? In Run With the Bulls Without Getting Trampled, veteran corporate psychologist Tim Irwin presents the distilled essence of what makes some succeed and others derail in the workplace. Using compelling real-life stories to launch each chapter, not only is Irwin transparent with the lessons he has learned from his own experiences, but he also shares the invaluable insights and principles he has gathered from thousands of interviews with senior executives. Featuring Irwin’s seven critical success factors as well as six common career derailers, this hard-hitting but entertaining book is your guide to finding lasting fulfillment in your career. After all, you are investing so much into your job. Shouldn’t it also be investing in you? Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tim Irwin
- About the Contributor(s) Tim Irwin, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, and leading authority on leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and executive selection. He has...Tim Irwin, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, and leading authority on leadership development, organizational effectiveness, and executive selection. He has consulted with many Fortune 100 companies and served in a senior post for a US-based company with more than 300 offices worldwide. show more
- Publish Date09/01/2009
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $2.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.