Running with Purpose: How Brooks Outpaced Goliath Competitors to Lead the Pack - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read by the author.
Discover how Brooks Running Company CEO Jim Weber transformed a failing business into a billion-dollar brand in the ultracompetitive global running market.
Running with Purpose is a leadership memoir with insights, inspirational stories, and tangible takeaways for current and aspiring leaders, entrepreneurs, and the 150+ million runners worldwide and those in the broader running community who continually invest in themselves.
This leadership memoir starts with Jim Weber's seventh-grade dream to run a successful company that delivered something people passionately valued. Fast forward to 2001, Jim became the CEO of Brooks and, as the struggling brand's fourth CEO in two years, he faced strong headwinds. A lifelong competitor, Jim devised a one-page strategy that he believed would not only save the company but would also lay the foundation for Brooks to become a leading brand in the athletic, fitness, and outdoor categories. To succeed, he had to get his team to first believe it was possible and then employ the conviction, fortitude, and constancy of purpose to outperform larger brands. Brooks’s success was validated when Warren Buffett made it a standalone Berkshire Hathaway subsidiary in 2012. In Running with Purpose, you will find:
- Brooks’s bold strategy and unique brand positioning that fueled its move from the back of the pack to lead.
- The key to building a purpose-driven brand that is oriented around customer obsession, building trust, competing with heart, and having fun along the way.
- The six clear leadership lessons Jim has learned along his path and applies at Brooks to develop staff into authentic leaders.
- How Berkshire Hathaway's support and influence provided a tailwind for Brooks’s business and brand to surge.
- An inside look at the ups and downs of Jim's personal journey, which led to his conviction that life is too short not to enjoy what you do and the people by your side.
Photos and graphics are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jim Weber
- Narrator(s) James Weber
- About the Contributor(s) Jim Weber joined Brooks Running Company as CEO in 2001 and is credited for the Seattle-based company’s aggressive turnaround, focusing...
Jim Weber joined Brooks Running Company as CEO in 2001 and is credited for the Seattle-based company’s aggressive turnaround, focusing the team solely on delivering personally inspiring products and experiences that keep people running. The business and brand success caught the attention of Warren Buffett, who declared Brooks a standalone subsidiary company of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in 2012.
Weber’s professional journey includes leadership roles for several consumer product brands such as chairman and CEO of Sims Sports, president of O’Brien International, vice president of The Coleman Company, and various roles with The Pillsbury Company. Weber also spent several years in banking as managing director of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Seattle Investment Banking practice and as a commercial banking officer at Norwest Bank Minneapolis (now Wells Fargo).
Weber received a bachelor’s degree from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management and a Master of Business Administration degree with high distinction from the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College. He currently serves on the boards of directors for Brooks and the Tuck School.show more
- Publish Date04/26/2022
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:51:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.