Stress-Free Discipline: Simple Strategies for Handling Common Behavior Problems - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Many moments in parenting seem unavoidable. Your preschooler will throw fits. Your third-grader will try to get out of doing homework--even if it means lying. A budding tween will dish out insults. And a teenager will simply take off for who knows where. At each stage, they are trying to test your boundaries (and sometimes your patience).
While this may be a natural part of growing up, that doesn’t mean any of these actions are acceptable or excusable. So what does a parent do? Stress-Free Discipline knows that the one-size-fits-all discipline methods many experts tout can actually be too narrow for some concerns. Instead, parents need to learn how to determine the root cause behind their child’s issue, which will then help explain what is driving the behavior, why it’s probably more normal than the parent realizes, how to prevent further escalations, and how to instill self-control. Once parents grasp the underlying motivation, they can select the strategy that fits their child's age, temperament, and issue--including role modeling, setting limits, positive reinforcement, negative consequences, disengagement--and deploy it calmly and with confidence.
Complete with an arsenal of proven techniques, as well as examples and exercises throughout to help parents personalize to their own unique situation, Stress-Free Discipline is the one-stop resource that will prepare parents for any challenge from any stage. Don’t lead home without it!
Exercises and an accompanying table are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Sara Au , Peter Stavinoha, Ph.D.
- Narrator(s) Mike Lenz
- About the Contributor(s) SARA AU is a mom and a journalist specializing in parenting and health issues.PETER L. STAVINOHA, PH.D., is a dad...SARA AU is a mom and a journalist specializing in parenting and health issues.
PETER L. STAVINOHA, PH.D., is a dad and a pediatric neuropsychologist in the Center for Pediatric Psychiatry at Children's Medical Center of Dallas and Professor of Psychiatry at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Together, they are the authors of the popular book Stress-Free Potty Training. show more
- Publish Date10/24/2023
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:56:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.