Stress Into Strength: Resilience Routines for Warriors, Wimps, and Everyone in Between - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Turn debilitating stress into remarkable strength through proven resilience routines taught by a critical incident instructor and first responder leader.
Discovering and practicing your ideal rhythm of stress and renewal – physical, social, and spiritual – will enhance your health, strength, and resilience. Stress reactions are automatic, but to transform stress into strength, you need to become intentional about routines that activate your natural renewal systems. The proven tips throughout Stress Into Strength will help you do exactly that.
Nick Arnett has had distinguished, high-stress careers, including as a paramedic and firefighter with experience in domestic and international disasters, as well as in the corporate world as a software founder and executive. For more than 15 years, he has led and taught people how to be resilient through crises large and small.
In Stress Into Strength, you will learn how to:
- Let go once and for all of the stress myths that the human brain’s “negative” bias reinforces.
- Gain insight into your personality-based stress reactions and channel any negative, knee jerk reactions into positive, long-term responses to overcome your biggest obstacles.
- Learn how to choose physical, social, and spiritual stress and renewal responses that will help make your more flexible and resilient.
- Learn tips on when to seek help with trauma, staying undaunted through crisis in the workplace, and even raising resilient children.
Transform your personal and professional life with insights gained from some of the most stressful professions you can imagine.
Accompanying graphics and exercises are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Nick Arnett
- Narrator(s) John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) Nick Arnett is a Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) leader and instructor, fire chaplain, wildland firefighter/EMT, and former software founder/executive, journalist, and paramedic with experience in...
Nick Arnett is a Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) leader and instructor, fire chaplain, wildland firefighter/EMT, and former software founder/executive, journalist, and paramedic with experience in domestic and international disaster response in medical, communications, crisis intervention, and chaplain roles. He has led hundreds of crisis intervention responses with the Bay Area CISM Team for schools, the public, and first responder agencies, including as a consultant to California’s state fire department and other public safety agencies. He is a member of the California Fire Chaplain Association, the executive board of the California Peer Support Association, and co-chair of Santa Clara County’s Collaborating Agencies Disaster Response Effort’s pandemic emotional/spiritual response. He received a Volunteer of the Year award from the Santa Clara County Emergency Managers Association in 2012.
Arnett’s pocket reference guide, “Stress Management and Crisis Response,” is used by hundreds of public safety agencies, chaplains, and other front-line responders. He is also the author of “Resilience During the Pandemic,” an Amazon bestseller in short self-help books.show more
- Publish Date07/20/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time06:02:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.