Stretch: Unlock the Power of Less-and Achieve More Than You Ever Imagined - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
A Wall Street Journal Bestseller
A groundbreaking approach to succeeding in business and life, using the science of resourcefulness
We often think the key to success and satisfaction is to get more: more money, time, and possessions; bigger budgets, job titles, and teams; and additional resources for our professional and personal goals. It turns out we’re wrong.
Using captivating stories to illustrate research in psychology and management, Rice University professor Scott Sonenshein examines why some people and organizations succeed with so little, while others fail with so much.
People and organizations approach resources in two different ways: “chasing” and “stretching.” When chasing, we exhaust ourselves in the pursuit of more. When stretching, we embrace the resources we already have. This frees us to find creative and productive ways to solve problems, innovate, and engage our work and lives more fully.
Stretch shows why everyone—from executives to entrepreneurs, professionals to parents, athletes to artists—performs better with constraints; why seeking too many resources undermines our work and well-being; and why even those with a lot
benefit from making the most out of a little.
Drawing from examples in business, education, sports, medicine, and history, Scott Sonenshein advocates a powerful framework of resourcefulness that allows anybody to work and live better.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Scott Sonenshein
- Narrator(s) Mike Chamberlain
- About the Contributor(s) Scott Sonenshein is the Henry Gardiner Symonds Professor of Management at Rice University and bestselling author of Stretch: Unlock the...Scott Sonenshein is the Henry Gardiner Symonds Professor of Management at Rice University and bestselling author of Stretch: Unlock the Power of Less – And Achieve More Than You Ever Imagined co-author with Marie Kondo of Joy at Work: Organizing Your Professional Life His award winning research teaching and speaking has helped Fortune 500 executives entrepreneurs and professionals in industries such as technology energy healthcare retail education banking manufacturing and non-profits He holds a PhD in organizational behavior from the University of Michigan an MPhil from the University of Cambridge and a BA from the University of Virginia His research appears in the very top academic journals and has contributed to several topics in management and psychology including change creativity personal growth social issues decision making and influence Scott sits on five distinguished editorial boards and is a former associate editor of his field’s top publication the Academy of Management Journal Scott also worked as a strategy consultant for companies such as Microsoft and AT amp T and lived the rise and fall of the dotcom boom while working for a Silicon Valley startup He serves on the External Advisory Board of McKinsey amp Company’s change implementation practice Scott has written for the New York Times Time Magazine Fast Company and Harvard Business Review He has been interviewed on national and local television NPR stations throughout the country and has been featured in most major newspapers show more
- Publish Date02/07/2017
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time007:58:02
- Price $16.79
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.