Taking Charge of Change: How Rebuilders Solve Hard Problems - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Do you want to know what it takes to make change and create solutions? Discover the model to meet the unprecedented challenges unique to the decade ahead and make a remarkable impact on people’s lives.
To overcome the radically different challenges of inequity, division, and scarcity of resources that will only increase in the future, the most successful and valuable leaders are those with the traits to be rebuilders.
As the founding president of Social Venture Partners International, a global network of social innovators, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and more, Paul Shoemaker is here to connect you to the people, ideas, and organizations that matter.
Shoemaker profiles 38 rock star rebuilders so you have a model to follow, including Peter Drucker Award winner Rosanne Haggerty, whose goal is to end chronic homelessness; Trish Millines, who has changed lives for kids of color in high tech; and David Risher, whose cross-sector approach is helping solve global illiteracy.
Page by page, the common elements rebuilders utilize to make a remarkable impact on some or our most complex problems are highlighted as you:
- Learn the 5 vital traits change leaders use to solve big problems.
- Gain new perspective from relevant research, data, leadership lessons, and 3 case studies that illuminate the path ahead.
- Meet the leaders setting the standard for social change impact, all shared in Shoemaker’s signature storytelling style.
Taking Charge of Change is written for anyone seeking to be the driver of real change and an integral part of rebuilding the structures and foundations of American communities and companies throughout the decade ahead.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul Shoemaker
- Narrator(s) John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) If you’re out to change the world, Paul Shoemaker is there to connect you to the people, ideas, and organizations...
If you’re out to change the world, Paul Shoemaker is there to connect you to the people, ideas, and organizations that matter. Shoemaker is the Founding President of Social Venture Partners International—a global network of thousands of social innovators, entrepreneurs, philanthropists, and business and community leaders that support social change agents in over 40 cities and 8 countries. Over the last 5 years, he has consulted major institutions like the Ballmer Group, UW Medicine, and The Fred Hutch Cancer Research Center on strategy, leadership, and business models. With insights from over 17 years at this unique vantage point, as well as a decade prior at Microsoft and Nestlé, he is a global thought leader and consultant on activating social change agents and increasing impact.show more
- Publish Date03/16/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:47:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.