Teenagers 101: What a Top Teacher Wishes You Knew About Helping Your Kid Succeed
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
If you have ever found yourself second-guessing how you're raising your teenager or even at a complete loss for how to deal with some of the proble... Read More
If you have ever found yourself second-guessing how you’re raising your teenager or even at a complete loss for how to deal with some of the problems and situations they are dealing with in today’s complex world that barely resembles the one you grew up in . . . you’re not alone! As a parent, of course you want to see your teen succeed in school and in life--and you’re always willing to do your best to help--but where do you start? How can you relate? What can a parent do that they know will make a difference? Maybe you don’t know the best answers, but one of their teachers might! Veteran high school teacher--and a parent herself--Rebecca Deurlein has spent day in and day out watching kids interact with peers, make decisions, deal with difficulty, accept or deflect responsibility . . . basically being parents’ eyes and ears--and there’s so much she wants you all to know about your kids! In Teenagers 101, Deurlein examines how we can support our teens as they cope with the challenges of the modern world, and offers to parents everywhere practical strategies for getting teens to: • Be self-motivated • Take responsibility for learning • Puzzle through problems • Become their own advocate • Present themselves well • And much more Packed with engaging anecdotes and backed by years of experience, Teenagers 101 is the crash course all parents must take in order to learn the skills their kids need to thrive in college and beyond. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Rebecca Deurlein
- About the Contributor(s) REBECCA DEURLEIN, ED.D. (Houston, TX) has taught in school systems around the country. She has a doctoral degree in educational...REBECCA DEURLEIN, ED.D. (Houston, TX) has taught in school systems around the country. She has a doctoral degree in educational leadership and has raised two children of her own. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.93 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)40.74 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $11.20
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.