Territorial Games: Understanding and Ending Turf Wars at Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book analyzes 10 insidious and instinctual acts of gamesmanship, and supplies positive strategies for combating territorial behavior.
Power, position, property. That's been the name of the game throughout human history. And the urge to gain new territory -- or keep what's already been acquired -- certainly shows up in our daily work lives. The workplace, in fact, is ablaze with battles over information, relationships, and authority -- and everyone is fighting for psychological survival.
Written from the perspective of a behavioral scientist and drawn from in-depth interviews with corporate managers, Territorial Games explains how to:
- understand the roots of territoriality
- recognize the signs and symptoms of territorial games
- focus on organizational goals rather than individual turf wars
- promote teamwork throughout an organization
- apply counterstrategies to change destructive behavior
Camouflage, occupation, shunning, and intimidation.…these turf wars are some of the most unproductive and morale-squashing activities that employees engage in. Learn how to understand and end turf wars at work with help from this insightful guide.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Annette Simmons
- About the Contributor(s) ANNETTE SIMMONS is a keynote speaker, expert storyteller, and president of Group Process Consulting, whose clients include NASA, the IRS,...
ANNETTE SIMMONS is a keynote speaker, expert storyteller, and president of Group Process Consulting, whose clients include NASA, the IRS, and Microsoft. She is the author of several books including The Story Factor.show more
- Publish Date04/09/2006
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.