The Capital One Story: How the Upstart Financial Institution Charged Toward Market Leadership - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
What can you learn from the most successful companies in the world? The Capital One Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that enabled an unlikely credit card startup to revolutionize the credit industry.
After twenty-five years in the credit card business, Capital One has earned its place in wallets across the world. When the company’s two young founders set out to individualize credit, the financial world thought they were crazy…until it was clear that they weren’t.
Working in the banking industry, Richard Fairbank and Nigel Morris saw that the one-size-fits all standard that the credit card companies employed was leaving big money on the table. They cracked the code and figured out how to customize the credit card experience by offering personalized designs, credit limits, and rewards, revolutionizing the way the credit card industry operated.
Known for their ubiquitous advertising campaigns with A-list talent such as Jennifer Garner and Samuel L. Jackson, the youngest bank in the business was once turned down by every one of their competitors but has since grown to dominate the industry.
Through the story of Capital One, you’ll learn:
- How to recognize underserved sections of a market.
- How rejection by every company in the business doesn’t mean it’s time to quit.
- How to determine what people want and how to get it to them.
- How to employ marketing campaigns that will change the way people live.
Discover how this iconic organization got it right and created a successful long-lasting business, and how you can do the same for your company.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Mary Curran Hackett
- Narrator(s) Lisa Larsen
- About the Contributor(s) Mary Curran-Hackett is a versatile and prolific author, editor, and ghostwriter. An avid business and leadership ghostwriter with Kevin Anderson...
Mary Curran-Hackett is a versatile and prolific author, editor, and ghostwriter. An avid business and leadership ghostwriter with Kevin Anderson & Associates, she is best known as the author of the critically acclaimed and bestselling novels, PROOF OF HEAVEN and PROOF OF ANGELS (William Morrow/HarperCollins). Mary’s personal essays have been anthologized and published nationally. In addition to her own writing, Mary has edited hundreds of books and ghostwritten over twenty published books for some of the world's leading executives, entrepreneurs, doctors, artists, celebrities, and religious leaders. When not traveling, she calls Cincinnati home and enjoys her time there with her husband and two children.show more
- Publish Date05/26/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The Business Storybook Series
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time04:04:00
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.