The Diversity Code: Unlock the Secrets to Making Differences Work in the Real World
Michelle T. Johnson
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
The best organizations have struck a balance between reconciling differences and valuing them to promote genuine, cross-cultural teams. Based on ye... Read More
The best organizations have struck a balance between reconciling differences and valuing them to promote genuine, cross-cultural teams. Based on years of experience as a diversity expert and attorney, author Michelle T. Johnson uses a healthy mix of humor and blunt honesty to show professionals and their employers why fostering true workplace diversity is a must for any successful business. The Diversity Code does this by answering many of the toughest questions people are often afraid to ask, including: How do you define diversity?; Am I “safe” simply following the law?; Can’t we just acknowledge that we are the same and different--and get on with our work?; How do I handle diversity problems on my staff--or worse, with people who outrank me?; What do I do if I’m accused of something?; and How do I institute change without ticking people off? Each chapter begins with one of these challenging questions, guides readers through thoughts and ideas relating to it, and concludes with a real-world scenario and a chance for readers to test themselves on the cultural competency knowledge they’ve gained. The most diligent compliance with laws and regulations can’t foster true workplace diversity. By equipping professionals and employers with the tools and knowledge to navigate--and appreciate--new workplace diversity initiatives, The Diversity Code reveals the key to increased innovation, collaboration--and respectful working relationships. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michelle T. Johnson
- Publish Date09/08/2010
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $1.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.