The Diversity Index: The Alarming Truth About Diversity in Corporate America...and What Can Be Done About It
Susan E. Reed
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Are we better off today than we were 50 years ago? Nearly 50 years after the Civil Rights Movement, there is a new crisis of opportunity in corpora... Read More
Are we better off today than we were 50 years ago? Nearly 50 years after the Civil Rights Movement, there is a new crisis of opportunity in corporate America. Based on the author's groundbreaking study of Fortune 100 companies, The Diversity Index identifies a barrier that has formed as white women have outpaced people of color and, along with white male executives, have wound up creating a persistent racial ceiling. In addition, the quest for global profits has created worldwide competition for the corporate suite, and U.S.-born minorities and whites are losing out. This isn't only a civil rights issue, as studies have shown that businesses with a strong commitment to diversity outperform their peers. The book takes an in-depth look at companies that have struggled to find the perfect leadership mix. Detailing the stories of executives of General Electric, Hewlett Packard, Merck, and PepsiCo, The Diversity Index distills into 10 clear steps the methods that the most successful companies used to develop integration, keep it growing, and empower their employees to develop new products and markets Read Less
- Contributor(s)Susan E. Reed
- Publish Date04/29/2011
- Format eBook
- Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.0 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $3.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.