The FBI Career Guide: Inside Information on Getting Chosen for and Succeeding in One of the Toughest, Most Prestigious Jobs in the World
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
"In the three years following the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Federal Bureau of Investigation hired 2,200 new Special Agents. But ... Read More
"In the three years following the September 11th, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Federal Bureau of Investigation hired 2,200 new Special Agents. But that was out of more than 150,000 applicants, and you can be sure the successful candidates had not only relevant backgrounds, but also determination and a genuine desire to embark on one of the most coveted, rewarding, and challenging careers in the world. The FBI Career Guide spells out exactly what the Bureau is looking for in Special Agent candidates, and how to maximize your chances of being selected from the huge applicant pool. Joe Koletar, whose own blue-ribbon career at the Bureau is second to none, shows how to get the job-and how to thrive once you've got it. His inside look at the real FBI reveals: * Smart educational and career decisions to improve your odds of being hired * How to meet and network with current FBI agents * What Special Agents do, day-to-day, in different roles and environments * How undercover investigations, SWAT team operations, and specialty assignments work * What agents earn, and what benefits they receive * The prospects for advancement, and some typical (and not so typical) career paths * How the job may affect your personal and family life And much more The FBI Career Guide also reveals the common mistakes applicants make, and shows how to avoid them. And it gives you detailed information on excelling in the Agent Training Program. Finally, the book offers profiles of real agents who have gone on to successful post-FBI careers, and will help you lay the groundwork for a rewarding life after the Bureau. Above all, The FBI Career Guide will help you find out if you've got what it takes to succeed -- and if you do, how to show it." Read Less
- Contributor(s)Joseph Koletar
- About the Contributor(s) Joseph W. Koletar's stellar FBI career spanned four decades, culminating in his role as Section Chief in the Criminal Investigative...Joseph W. Koletar's stellar FBI career spanned four decades, culminating in his role as Section Chief in the Criminal Investigative Division, where he was in charge of the Witness Protection Program, Criminal Undercover Operations, Aviation and Surveillance Operations, and the Strategic Intelligence Operations Center. For more info visit www.koletarriskconsulting.com show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.75 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.79 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $12.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.