The First-Time Manager-Ecourse
- Regular price
- Sale price
Make the jump from star employee to star manager quickly and confidently by mastering the dozens of skills expertly unpacked in this Ecourse, with honest explanations on what you can expect and how you can excel as a first-time manager.
Learn the nitty-gritty realities of managing people and conquer every management challenge like a pro. Based on the trusted management classic, The First-Time Manager, this video-based Ecourse offers clear examples and action steps covering the most important management skills you need to master:
- Leading meetings
- Overseeing remote employees
- Hiring the best talent
- Motivating others
- Actively listening
- Staying calm under pressure
- Overcoming resistance
- Managing across generations
- Building a team dynamic
- Matching your boss’s style
- And dozens of other skills.
The jump from employee to new manager is bigger than most people realize. Turn to the advice that thousands of first-time managers have relied on for nearly four decades to hit the ground running—now for the first time provided as an Ecourse.
The First Time Manager-Ecourse lessons include:
- Lesson 1: So you're going to manage people
- Lesson 2: Tackling your new duties
- Lesson 3: Working with people, building relationships, and managing risk
- Lesson 4: Job descriptions, performance appraisals, and salary administration
- Lesson 5: Improving and developing yourself
- Lesson 6: The complete person
- Contributor(s)Jim McCormick
- About the Contributor(s) Jim McCormick(Denver, CO) is founder and president of the Research Institute for Risk Intelligence, and the former COO of the...
Jim McCormick(Denver, CO) is founder and president of the Research Institute for Risk Intelligence, and the former COO of the nation’s fifth-largest architectural firm. As an organizational consultant and executive coach, he has extensive experience working with CEOs and other leaders.show more
- Publish Date09/22/2020
- Format Online Course – Self-Learner
- Price $49.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.