The First-Time Manager: Leading Through Crisis - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
THE TOP SELLING FIRST-TIME MANAGER SERIES HAS SOLD OVER 500,000 COPIES
Every manager must be prepared to face tough situations that management training never warned them about. This is the go-to resource for handling everything from a disruption in workflow to managing a hostile workplace, and even handling an international pandemic.
As a manager, you are prepared to face any challenge when it comes to the work at hand, but you may not be ready to overcome a hostile work environment, a catastrophic disruption in workflow, or any other of a multitude to challenges that can arise, seemingly from nowhere.
Paul Falcone, author of 101 Tough Conversations to Have with Employees and HR and leadership expert will help you master unforeseen challenges in the workplace, including:
- Individual Crises: Whether issuing disciplinary actions, losing a key member of the team, delivering bad news to your boss, or even being set up for pretaliation, there are steps you can take to overcome these challenges.
- Departmental or Team Crises: Inheriting a new team can be tough and, even worse, handling internal disputes can cause a serious disruption in workflow and impact a team’s energy.
- Company Crises: When the company faces challenges, they often pass that stress to managers. As a manager, you must maintain a positive environment and it’s not as difficult as you think.
- Social and Global Crises: You must master the skills of listening, stress management, and knowing how to navigate your own emotions during any global crisis.
This timely follow-up to the go-to manual for management training, The First-Time Manager, will teach you how to face tough situations you never expected to face.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul Falcone
- Narrator(s) John Behrens
- About the Contributor(s) Paul Falcone is principal of Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching, international...
Paul Falcone is principal of Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching, international keynote speaking, and facilitating corporate offsite retreats. He is the former CHRO of Nickelodeon and has held senior-level HR positions with Paramount Pictures, Time Warner, and City of Hope. He has extensive experience in entertainment, healthcare/biotech, and financial services, including in international, nonprofit, and union environments.
Paul is the author of a number of books, many of which have been ranked as #1 Amazon bestsellers in the categories of human resources management, business and organizational learning, labor and employment law, business mentoring and coaching, business conflict resolution and mediation, communication in management, and business decision-making and problem-solving. His books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Turkish.
Paul is a certified executive coach through the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching program, a long-term columnist for SHRM.org and HR Magazine, and an adjunct faculty member in UCLA Extension’s School of Business and Management. He is an accomplished keynote presenter, in-house trainer, and webinar facilitator in the areas of talent and performance management, leadership development, and effective leadership communication.show more
- Publish Date09/05/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series First-Time Manager Series
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time08:49:00
- Price $27.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.