The Gig Economy: The Complete Guide to Getting Better Work, Taking More Time Off, and Financing the Life You Want
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
Today, more than a third of Americans are working in the gig economy--mixing together short-term jobs, contract work, and freelance assignments. Fo... Read More
Today, more than a third of Americans are working in the gig economy--mixing together short-term jobs, contract work, and freelance assignments. For those who’ve figured out the formula, life has never been better! You, too, can learn how to embrace the independent and self-sufficient world of freelance! The Gig Economy is your guide to this uncertain but ultimately rewarding world. Packed with research, exercises, and anecdotes, this eye-opening book supplies strategies--ranging from the professional to the personal--to help you leverage your skills, knowledge, and network to create your own career trajectory--one immune to the impulsive whims of an employer looking only at today’s bottom line. Learn how to: • Construct a life based on your priorities and vision of success • Cultivate connections without networking • Create your own security • Build flexibility into your financial life • Face your fears by reducing risk • And much more! Corporate jobs are not only unstable--they’re increasingly scarce. It’s time to take charge of your own career and lead the life you actually want. Start mapping out your place in the gig economy today! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Diane Mulcahy
- About the Contributor(s) DIANE MULCAHY is a Senior Fellow at the Kauffman Foundation and an Adjunct Lecturer at Babson College, where she teaches...DIANE MULCAHY is a Senior Fellow at the Kauffman Foundation and an Adjunct Lecturer at Babson College, where she teaches "Entrepreneurship and the Gig Economy," a popular MBA course that Forbes.com named one of the top ten most innovative business school classes in the country. Her work in venture capital and entrepreneurship has been featured on NPR and in the Harvard Business Review, The Huffington Post, Fortune, Forbes, The New Yorker, The Economist, and other national media. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.02 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $19.59
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.