The Gold Standard: Giving Your Customers What They Didn't Know They Wanted - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read by the author.
Learn how to cultivate the most incredible customer experiences on earth through this essential guide by Colin Cowie, distinguished purveyor of unforgettable “wow” events for the world’s most demanding clients.
If you’re searching for ways to ensure your customers walk away from your company with a smile on their face and a plan to return, you found it. And any business organization can adapt the tools and techniques in this book.
Colin Cowie, one of the world’s most sought-after event planners, shares the hard-won and hard-nosed advice he has learned through entertaining and engaging stories and examples. He gives you the indisputable blueprint for creating a customer-service culture that you can tailor to your own needs, whether you’re a shopkeeper, corporate marketing director, or budding event planner.
Upon coming to the United States from South Africa with $400 in his pocket, Colin built his highly successful catering and event-planning business from the ground up to become event planner to the most respected tastemakers and personalities in the world—including Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Seacrest, and Kim Kardashian, to name a few.
In this book, you will:
- Learn how to formulate your own vision, mission statements, and guiding principles, and effectively communicate them to your team.
- Learn how you can align your vision with your essential mission statement.
- Discover the core values, including service and accountability, that fuel Colin’s customer-care ethos, and how you can apply those values to your own business.
- Have a renewed understanding of how vitally important it is that you take good care of the people who work for you so they, in turn, can care for your customers.
- Become armed to inspire and empower your team.
- Be guided to create your own “bible” of scripts, protocols, and procedures that will streamline customer-care situations while making every customer feel like their individual desires are being taken care of.
- Learn how to use every complaint as an opportunity, as well as why you should be more afraid of a client who doesn’t complain when something goes wrong versus one who does.
- Contributor(s)Colin Cowie
- Narrator(s) Colin Cowie
- About the Contributor(s) Colin Cowie has led an extraordinary life. He arrived in the United States from South Africa in 1985; his smarts,...
Colin Cowie has led an extraordinary life. He arrived in the United States from South Africa in 1985; his smarts, personality, and stylish sensibility have led him into the fast-paced, glamorous world of planning over-the-top parties for royalty, celebrities, and business luminaries. Respected around the world as an arbiter of style, Colin Cowie has been at the forefront of event and wedding planning for the past 25 years, creating trends and raising the bar for providing the ultimate guest experience.
Colin has created some of the most talked-about events in the world, including the multi-million-dollar opening of Palm Island Dubai, the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas, and Atlantis on Nassau Island, as well as Oprah Winfrey’s Legends Bali. In addition to Oprah, his celebrity clients include Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Seacrest, Jimmy Iovine, Kim Kardashian, Lil Wayne, Nicole Kidman, and Demi Moore, to name a few. Colin’s corporate clients include Audemars Piguet, Dom Perignon, Davidoff of Geneva, Warner Bros., CBS, Cash Money Records, The Whitney Museum, Architectural Digest, Kerzner International’s One and Only Hotels, and Cosmopolitan and Style.show more
- Publish Date09/07/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:48:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.