The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
The image of modern corporations has been shaped by a profits over people approach, but we are at a point where business must take the lead in healing the crises of our time. The Healing Organization shows how corporations can become healing forces.
Conscious Capitalism pioneer Raj Sisodia and organizational innovation expert Michael J. Gelb were inspired to write this book because of the epidemic of unnecessary suffering connected with business, including the destruction of the environment; increasing numbers living paycheck-to-paycheck and barely surviving; and rising rates of depression and stress leading to chronic health problems.
Based on extensive in-depth interviews and inspiring case studies, Sisodia and Gelb show how companies such as Shake Shack, Hyatt, KIND Healthy Snacks, Eileen Fisher, H-E-B, FIFCO, Jaipur Rugs and DTE Energy are healing their employees, customers, communities and other stakeholders. They represent a diverse sampling of industries and geographies, but they all have significant elements in common, besides being profitable enterprises:
- Their employees love coming to work.
- They have passionately loyal customers.
- They make a significant positive difference to the communities they serve.
- They preserve and restore the ecosystems in which they operate.
The enmity and dividedness between those who champion unfettered capitalism and those who advocate socialism is exacerbating rather than solving our problems.
In a world that urgently needs healing on many levels, this is a movement whose time has come. The Healing Organization shows how it can be done, how it is being done, and how you can begin to do it too.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Raj Sisodia , Michael J. Gelb
- Narrator(s) Josh Childs, Gabe Wicks
- About the Contributor(s) Raj Sisodia is the FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business and Whole Foods Market Research Scholar in Conscious Capitalism...
Raj Sisodia is the FW Olin Distinguished Professor of Global Business and Whole Foods Market Research Scholar in Conscious Capitalism at Babson College. He is also Co-Founder and Co-Chairman of Conscious Capitalism Inc. Raj has published ten books, including Conscious Capitalism: Liberating the Heroic Spirit of Business, Firms of Endearment: How World Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose, and Everybody Matters.
Michael J. Gelb is the world’s leading authority on the application of genius thinking to personal and organizational development, and the author of 16 books, including the bestseller How to Think Like Leonardo da Vinci. A pioneer in the fields of creative thinking, innovation literacy and conscious leadership, he helps organizations around the world develop more creative, innovative and conscious cultures.show more
- Publish Date09/17/2019
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time08:23:00
- Price $16.79
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.