The Human Cloud: How Today's Changemakers Use Artificial Intelligence and the Freelance Economy to Transform Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
With the technical world of work changing rapidly, don't leave anything to chance. In The Human Cloud, two workforce productivity and technology experts lay out a clear picture of the coming revolution in how work is done and how jobs are shaped, empowering you with practical advice to take charge of your future.
If you listen to the news, robots are coming for your job. Full-time employment will soon be a thing of the past as organizations opt more and more to hire employees on a contract basis. And thanks to technological advances across email, video, project management, and instant messaging platforms, being tied to a desk working full time for one company is becoming obsolete.
These predictions have many of us asking, "Where does that leave me?”
The Human Cloud just may be the most important book you read to prepare for the future of the way work is done. In these pages, a human cloud technologist and an AI expert help you not only clearly understand the transition you see happening around you, but they will also help you take advantage of it.
By replacing fear with knowledge, you will better understand how this shift in employment is a good thing, be equipped to embrace the positive advantages new technology brings and use it all to your benefit, and further secure how your own job is shaped so you are never left behind.
Topics unpacked in The Human Cloud include:
- How employees and employers will be able to take advantage of the new automated and freelance-based workplace.
- How they will be able to take advantage of the new technology disruptions the machine cloud will create.
- Why the changes employees and employers are seeing aren’t the projection of doom that many are predicting; they can actually create many new career opportunities.
- How to navigate the coming job marketplace.
- Contributor(s)Matthew Mottola , Matthew Douglas Coatney
- About the Contributor(s) Matthew Mottola builds the technology that brings the human cloud to market. He cofounded and is the CEO of Venture...
Matthew Mottola builds the technology that brings the human cloud to market. He cofounded and is the CEO of Venture L – the operating system where today’s top freelancers run their business. At Microsoft, he built the Microsoft 365 freelance toolkit, bringing Microsoft from nascent to an industry leader. As a product leader, serial entrepreneur, and keynote speaker, his work has been broadly adopted by individuals, startups, SMB’s, and Fortune 100’s.
Matthew Coatney has 25 years of experience bringing AI and automation technologies to market in a variety of industries and for some of the largest global organizations. He has held a number of executive, product, and technology roles during his career and currently serves as CTO for a large consultancy and managed services provider. He is a frequent speaker and author on AI and the future of automation, including a TEDx Talk.show more
- Publish Date01/26/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.42 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.18 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.2(w) x 0.86(d) inches
- Price $17.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.