The Italian Kid Did It: How I Turned $3K into $44B and Achieved the American Dream - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Entrepreneurs, business owners, investors: here is the rare, no-nonsense advice you haven’t heard—straight from Paychex founder and billionaire philanthropist Tom Golisano—to overcome the most common (and some not so common) obstacles to live a successful life.
Watching his father struggle to support his family through bigotry and other challenges in being an Italian immigrant, Tom Golisano learned early on the value of thinking outside the box and not letting perception sway your view of reality.
Now, for the first time, Golisano shares the political shenanigans, behind the scenes stories, significant characters from his remarkable life, and key insights to thrive in your career. Filled with humor and wisdom, The Italian Kid Did It!:
- Reveals the secrets behind much of Golisano’s success and teaches you how to apply those same success-hacks to your own life.
- Emboldens you to see the world differently in terms of what’s possible despite what others may have you believe.
- Entertains and enlightens you along the way, with Golisano’s stories of running for Governor two times, purchasing a failing NHL franchise, the Buffalo Sabres, and dry sense of humor throughout.
The American Dream is possible to all of us if we are willing to take risks and work for it. The stories, wisdom, and insight in The Italian Kid Did It! just might be the shortcut you need to get there faster.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Golisano
- Narrator(s) Mike Terry
- About the Contributor(s) Tom Golisano founded what is now Paychex with $3000 and built it to the current worth of $24 billion. Paychex...
Tom Golisano founded what is now Paychex with $3000 and built it to the current worth of $24 billion. Paychex now has more than 600,000 customers, and more than 12,000 employees working out of 100 locations. In fact, 1 in every 12 private-sector employees in America receives their paycheck from Paychex. Golisano has been challenging the status quo for a long time—and not only in the world of business. In 1991, he co-founded a political party called the Independence Party, and ran three times for Governor of New York. Tens of millions of people know of him because of this, many of whom have no special interest in business but who appreciate his championing getting things done more intelligently and effectively. He bought the bankrupt and losing Buffalo Sabres hockey team in 2003 and turned around the franchise, both in terms of financial health and by transforming them into a winning team. He is a frequent guest on Fox, CNN, and other news channel broadcasts.show more
- Publish Date02/01/2022
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time09:20:00
- Price $18.89
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.