The Language of Success: Business Writing That Informs, Persuades, and Gets Results
- Regular price
- Sale price
Language is the medium of business. To be successful, we need to communicate effectively not only when speaking but in writing as well.
Whether we are providing instructions to our colleagues, communicating with our customers, or advising our direct reports, language gauges success. We must be able to deliver clear, accurate messages that inform, persuade and motivate. Unfortunately, people lapse into habits that interfere with their ability to communicate.
In The Language of Success, author Tom Sant helps you master the lost art of clear writing and:
- eliminate ambiguities, jargon and grandiose claims
- master proper paragraph structure so the message doesn’t get muddled
- avoid misconstrued or misleading terms
- write clear concise sentences that follow the “first time right rule”
- use e-mail professionally and efficiently
- create career-enhancing reports
This book shows you how to avoid common mistakes, and to write lucid, concise, and accurate e-mails, letters, performance appraisals, and presentations.
Honest and authoritative, The Language of Success will gives you practical techniques to help you cut through the fluff, guff, geek, and hyperbole, write exceptional business documents, and get your message heard.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Sant
- About the Contributor(s) TOM SANT is a renowned proposal consultant, whose clients range from small entrepreneurial operations to Global 500 companies, including General...TOM SANT is a renowned proposal consultant, whose clients range from small entrepreneurial operations to Global 500 companies, including General Electric, Microsoft, Lucent, and Accenture. He is the creator of the world's most widely used proposal automation systems, ProposalMaster and RFPMaster. show more
- Publish Date01/23/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.