The Language of Success: Business Writing That Informs, Persuades, and Gets Results
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Language is the medium of business. To be successful, we need to communicate effectively in writing. That's true whether we are providing instructi... Read More
Language is the medium of business. To be successful, we need to communicate effectively in writing. That’s true whether we are providing instructions to our colleagues, communicating with our customers, or advising our direct reports. We must be able to deliver clear, accurate messages that inform, persuade and motivate. Unfortunately, people lapse into habits that interfere with their ability to communicate. The Language of Success shows readers how to avoid these mistakes, and to write lucid, concise, and accurate e-mails, letters, performance appraisals, and presentations. Now anyone can master the lost art of clear writing and: eliminate ambiguities, jargon and grandiose claims • master proper paragraph structure so the message doesn’t get muddled • avoid wishy-washy or misleading terms like “world class” or “state of the art” • write clear concise sentences that follow the “first time right rule” • use e-mail professionally and efficiently • create career-enhancing reports Honest and authoritative, The Language of Success will gives readers practical techniques to help readers cut through the fluff, guff, geek, and hyperbole, write exceptional business documents, and get their message heard. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Sant
- About the Contributor(s) TOM SANT is a renowned proposal consultant, whose clients range from small entrepreneurial operations to Global 500 companies, including General...TOM SANT is a renowned proposal consultant, whose clients range from small entrepreneurial operations to Global 500 companies, including General Electric, Microsoft, Lucent, and Accenture. He is the creator of the world's most widely used proposal automation systems, ProposalMaster and RFPMaster. show more
- Publish Date01/23/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.71 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $10.50
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.