The Leader's Mind: How Great Leaders Prepare, Perform, and Prevail - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Clear and concise steps to develop the confidence and mental edge that sets you apart as a trailblazing leader—the same approach thousands of professional athletes have used to become champions.
The Leader's Mind taps into the same tips and techniques honed by top-tier athletes, such as how to get in a "zone," thrive on a team, and stay humble, to become a champion at work and the ultimate team player at home.
Based on high-performance psychology research and Dr. Jim Afremow’s two decades of experience providing mental training services across the globe to athletes and business leaders, The Leader's Mind will help you master:
- Valuable leadership lessons through powerful parables and stories from well-known leaders.
- The actionable steps leaders must take to change their thinking and become the leader they want to be.
- The necessary mindset to push through the challenges you face and take control of your career and home life.
- Tips and techniques to excel and overcome seemingly insurmountable odds and challenges.
Stop struggling with the expectations you face at work and at home by fundamentally changing the way you process what’s happening in your life. The mental edge that sets elite athletes apart outlined in this book will help you become the champion leader you want to be.
Reflection questions are available in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jim Afremow, PhD , Phil White
- Narrator(s) Tom Parks
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Jim Afremow is a much sought-after mental skills coach, licensed professional counselor, co-founder of the Champion's Mind app, and...
Dr. Jim Afremow is a much sought-after mental skills coach, licensed professional counselor, co-founder of the Champion's Mind app, and the author of The Champion’s Mind (over 140,000 copies sold), The Champion’s Comeback, and The Young Champion’s Mind. For over 20 years, Dr. Afremow has assisted numerous high-school, collegiate, recreational, and professional athletes. In addition, he has mentally trained several U.S. and international Olympic competitors. Jim also served as a senior staff member with Counseling Services and Sports Medicine at Arizona State University, and as a Mental Skills Coach and the Peak Performance Coordinator with the San Francisco Giants MLB organization. In addition, Jim has helped many business executives elevate their mental game. Hometown: Phoenix, AZ.
Phil White is an Emmy-nominated writer and the co-author of The 17 Hour Fast with Dr. Frank Merritt, Waterman 2.0 with Kelly Starrett, and Unplugged with Andy Galpin and Brian Mackenzie. He also wrote two narrative nonfiction books, Out Supreme Task and Whistle Stop. Phil lives with his family in Evergreen, Colorado. Learn more at philwhitebooks.com and follow him on Instagram @PhilWhiteBooks.show more
- Publish Date11/09/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:18:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.