The Man's Guide to Corporate Culture: A Practical Guide to the New Normal and Relating to Female Coworkers in the Modern Workplace
- Regular price
- Sale price
BE PART OF THE SOLUTION
Engage female bosses and colleagues in a way that builds cohesion instead of division
Movements such as Time’s Up and #MeToo have done an incredible job of bringing to light the issues women face in the workplace. Now, it’s time to give men the tools they need to be part of the solution.
Studies have shown that 60% of male managers feel uncomfortable working one-on-one with their female colleagues. This means over half of American male managers lack the confidence in their ability to create an inclusive environment for all of their team members. That’s where The Man's Guide to Corporate Culture comes in.
Heather Zumarraga, a business journalist who has spent much of her career in testosterone-filled work environments, wants to make sure that any male leader who wants to be part of the solution knows how to do it the right way. The Man's Guide to Corporate Culture teaches readers:
- Which behaviors to adopt (and which to avoid) to create and maintain a comfortable work environment for their female co-workers.
- How to create an environment that is not only welcoming to both women and men but also encourages healthy and respectful collaboration.
- Strategies to ensure that female employees are being treated fairly by all team members.
- And much, much more real-world tested advice and approaches to help ensure every employee (and the company as a whole) is best situated for success.
There are numerous books that coach women to deal with bias and harassment in a male-dominated workplace. However, The Man's Guide to Corporate Culture is one of the only books that coaches men on how to be a part of the solution so they can engage female bosses, subordinates, and peers in a way that builds cohesion instead of division.
The only way for male managers to feel confident in their ability to create an inclusive environment is to give them the tools they need for success. The Man's Guide to Corporate Culture does exactly that.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Heather Zumarraga
- About the Contributor(s) Heather Zumarraga is a respected economic and financial correspondent for Fox News, Fox Business News, Newsmax and CNBC. She is...
Heather Zumarraga is a respected economic and financial correspondent for Fox News, Fox Business News, Newsmax and CNBC. She is a contributor to written publications, including The Washington Post, and has distinguished herself as a highly regarded and well-connected source. As a leader in the financial services industry, Zumarraga was ranked #1 in institutional sales for SunAmerica Funds and serves as Senior Vice President of Vision 4.
She received her Masters of Business Administration from The Kogod School of Business at American University in Washington D.C. and obtained her undergraduate degree from The Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College in New York City.
In 2015, Washington Life Magazine recognized Zumarraga as one of "DC’s most powerful people under 40.”show more
- Publish Date01/19/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.42 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.18 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.89(d) inches
- Price $17.49
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.