The Marvel Studios Story: How a Failing Comic Book Publisher Became a Hollywood Superhero - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
What can you learn from the world’s most successful companies? Marvel characters have been shaping pop culture for decades and when comic books were no longer keeping the company afloat, Marvel Studios was born.
Marvel Studios is the multibillion-dollar home to iconic franchises. They are known for creating brilliant multilayered worlds and storylines that allow their audiences to escape into a fantasy and inspire the creative side of every viewer. But, behind those visionaries is a well-oiled storytelling machine dedicated to getting the Hulk’s smash fists in the hands of every child and a sea of Spiderman costumes deployed every Halloween.
The Marvel Studios Story educates you on how one of the largest creative companies in the planetary universe runs their business and keeps their fans and their parent company, Disney, counting the profits. Through the story of Marvel Studios, you’ll learn:
- How to recognize and pursue additional revenue streams.
- How a company can successfully balance the creative with business to appease investors and fans alike.
- And how to keep a decades-old superhero franchise new and exciting without losing sight of its roots.
The Marvel Studios Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that enabled a struggling comic book publisher to parlay the power of myth and storytelling to become one of history’s most successful movie studios.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Charlie Wetzel , Stephanie Wetzel
- Narrator(s) Mark Smeby
- About the Contributor(s) Charlie Wetzel is a writer, teacher, and cook. He wrote The Marvel Studios Story, the screenplay for the award-winning short...
Charlie Wetzel is a writer, teacher, and cook. He wrote The Marvel Studios Story, the screenplay for the award-winning short film “The Candy Shop,” and more than a hundred books with New York Times bestselling author John C. Maxwell. When Charlie isn’t writing, he’s creating cooking videos for his YouTube channel “Becoming a Cook” with Stephanie, his wife of twenty-eight years, or they’re spending time with their three adult children.
Stephanie Wetzel has been her husband Charlie’s primary editor for as long as they’ve been married, including for every book Charlie has written with author John C. Maxwell. A writer in her own right, she blogged for a decade—back when blogging was still cool. She now partners in writing with Charlie and works with other authors. Stephanie loves being wife to Charlie and mom to three young adults. She forces herself to run with Charlie, but she actually enjoys reading, learning, traveling, and eating former chef Charlie’s cooking. Stephanie grew up obsessed with horses and competed as a teenager at extremely low levels in local shows. No longer a regular rider, she still occasionally gets a tear in her eye at the sight of a horse.show more
- Publish Date05/26/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The Business Storybook Series
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time03:04:00
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.