The Microsoft Story: How the Tech Giant Rebooted Its Culture, Upgraded Its Strategy, and Found Success in the Cloud
- Regular price
- Sale price
Imagine if you could see the playbook that returned a struggling tech empire to the top of the tech leaderboard. The Microsoft Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that enabled the tech company to once again become a leading tech innovator.
It wasn’t so long ago that Microsoft and its Windows operating system dominated the tech industry so much so that they faced antitrust charges for what was perceived by many to be predatory, monopolistic practices. Less than a decade later, the tide had turned and Microsoft lost its dominance in the personal tech marketplace amidst the launch of the iPhone, the rise of Google, and the cloud computing phenomenon.
But, now, Microsoft is back on top. The company’s value is soaring and once again Microsoft is being recognized as a tech leader once again. What changed?
Since Satya Nadella took over as CEO, the company has gone through significant changes. The company culture has become one of creativity and innovation, no longer requiring that all products revolve around Windows. The company has reevaluated their business lines, getting rid of underperforming initiatives such as smartphones, and focused on the area of growth where the company excelled:the cloud.
Through the story of Microsoft, you’ll learn:
- How to build a nimble company culture that supports innovation and growth.
- How to return a forgotten brand to the spotlight.
- How to recognize and build upon successful business lines, while letting go of underperforming initiatives.
- When to change the entire way you do business.
- And much, much more.
- Contributor(s)Dan Good
- About the Contributor(s) Dan Good is a seasoned book writer, journalist, and ghostwriter with Kevin Anderson & Associates. Dan has written on a wide range...
Dan Good is a seasoned book writer, journalist, and ghostwriter with Kevin Anderson & Associates. Dan has written on a wide range of topics — including politics, business, true crime, biography, self-improvement, health/fitness, and sports. Prior to writing and ghostwriting books full time, Dan spent more than a decade as a journalist. He ran the national breaking news desk for the New York Daily News and also worked at ABC News and the New York Post, as well as local news outlets in New Jersey and his native Pennsylvania. Dan lives in Yonkers, N.Y., with his wife and son.show more
- Publish Date10/27/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The Business Storybook Series
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.63 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)15.13 lb
- Dimensions 8.3(h) x 5.4(w) x 0.87(d) inches
- Price $9.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.