The Power of Potential: How a Nontraditional Workforce Can Lead You to Run Your Business Better - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read by the author.
“A powerful, game-changing book. Tom's approach is changing lives.”
— Seth Godin, Author of This is Marketing
Discover how supporting employment for people with autism unlocked new ways of running a business—and revealed transformative lessons for all of us.
Rising Tide Car Wash in Parkland, Florida, isn’t average in any way. When Tom D’Eri and his father John bought the location in 2013, they wanted to create employment opportunities for workers with autism. Like 1 in 54 Americans, Tom’s brother Andrew has autism, and he was facing lifelong unemployment. So the family set out on a mission to provide professional opportunities for people like Andrew, starting with one car wash. Now it’s one of the highest-volume washes in Florida. Its employee retention rate is five times that of its competitors. It has spun off into two additional locations that have been immediately successful, and the business is absurdly profitable.
The Power of Potential tells the inspiring, surprising reason why: The wash’s excellence isn’t in spite of their unusual workforce, but because of it. Thanks to their neurodivergent staff, the Rising Tide team was able to discover and correct common problems that typically fly under the radar in businesses, including:
- You hire based on interviews
- You think great talent is the secret to a great business
- Your managers are “good enough”
- You fire your worst employees
By spotting and correcting these hidden problems, any business—with any kind of workers—can achieve unexpected wins and leave average behind. At Rising Tide, solving these problems resulted in four unexpected wins that added up to a culture of excellence:
- Every employee felt safe
- Accountability became a tool for growth
- Everyone’s work gave them a sense of purpose
- Customers loved their experience
Figures and employee profiles are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.
- Contributor(s)Tom D'Eri
- Narrator(s) Thomas D’Eri
- About the Contributor(s) Tom D'Eri has dedicated his career to unleashing human potential by creating organizational systems and culture that empower people to grow....
Tom D'Eri has dedicated his career to unleashing human potential by creating organizational systems and culture that empower people to grow. Tom is the Co-Founder and COO of Rising Tide Car Wash, an organization that employs over 90 individuals with autism in a successful car wash business. Tom is also the Co-Founder of Rising Tide U an organization dedicated to teaching others how to harness the autism advantage. Tom is a Forbes 30 Under 30 social entrepreneur and speaks regularly at Fortune 500 companies, international conferences, leadership development programs, and universities.show more
- Publish Date01/24/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:20:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.