The Power of the Other: The startling effect other people have on you, from the boardroom to the bedroom and beyond-and what to do about it - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
A bestselling author and expert on the psychology of leadership identifies the critical ingredient for personal and professional well-being.
Most leadership coaching focuses on helping leaders build their skills and knowledge and close performance gaps. These are necessary steps, but not sufficient. Using evidence from neuroscience and his work with leaders, Dr. Henry Cloud shows that the best performers draw on another vital resource: personal and professional relationships that fuel growth and help them surpass current limits.
Popular wisdom suggests that we should not allow others to have power over us, but the reality is that they do, for better or for worse. Consider the boss who diminishes you through cutting remarks versus one who challenges you to get better. Or the colleague who always seeks the limelight versus the one who gives you the confidence to finish a difficult project. Or the spouse who is honest and supportive versus the one who resents your success. No matter how talented, intelligent, or experienced, the greatest leaders share one commonality: the power of the others in their lives.
Combining engaging case studies, persuasive findings from cutting-edge brain research, and examples from his consulting practice, Dr. Cloud argues that whether you’re a Navy SEAL or a corporate executive, outstanding performance depends on having the right kind of interpersonal connections to fuel personal growth and minimize toxic associations and their effects. Presenting a dynamic model of the impact these different kinds of connections produce, Dr. Cloud shows readers how to get more from themselves by drawing on the strength and expertise of others. You don’t have a choice whether others have power in your life, but you can choose what kinds of relationships you want.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Henry Cloud
- Narrator(s) George Newbern
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times bestselling author. His 45 books, including...
Dr. Henry Cloud is a clinical psychologist, pastor to pastors, and New York Times bestselling author. His 45 books, including the iconic Boundaries, have sold over 20 million copies worldwide. Throughout his storied career as a clinician, he started treatment centers, created breakthrough new models rooted in research, and has been a leading voice on issues of mental health and leadership on a global scale. Dr. Cloud lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Tori, and their two daughters, Olivia and Lucy.
- Publish Date05/03/2016
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time005:51:55
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.