The ROI of LOL: How Laughter Breaks Down Walls, Drives Compelling Storytelling, and Creates a Healthy Workplace - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read by the authors.
Laughter is a powerful remedy to what ails today’s teams and organizations.
There are a host of neuroscientific explanations for why laughter makes us feel so great. Laughter triggers "feel good" chemicals in the brain which activate opiate receptors throughout your body and mind. Creating a workplace culture in which laughter is not only allowed but expected is an important step in building the trust, openness, authenticity, storytelling, and teamwork (TOAST) that are essential to any healthy collaborative environment. It also has a role in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion—as explained in a special afterword from Malcolm Frierson, PhD, Loyola Marymount University on the role of comedy in DEI training.
What all this means for your business is that by harnessing the prodigious power of your own unique individual sense of humor (and empowering your employees to do the same), you can increase morale, collaboration, communication, and productivity. You can find new and unexpected ways to connect with your external stakeholders. And you can have fun doing it.
- Learn the role laughter plays in the five critical elements of a strong corporate culture: Trust, Openness, Authenticity, Storytelling, and Teamwork.
- Understand how the skills learned by stand-up comics like reading a room, being vulnerable or self-deprecating, listening, and overcoming objections are critical to leaders in today’s business climate.
- See how improv fosters teamwork and can be a unifying force in any organization.
- Gain insights into how other kinds of comedy like sketch comedy and creative collaboration can be applied in a business setting to build critical skill sets.
Photos, assessments, and resources are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Steve Cody , Clayton Fletcher
- Narrator(s) Steve Cody, Clayton Fletcher, Linda Rutherford, Rick N. Jones
- About the Contributor(s) Steven Cody is the founder and CEO of Peppercomm, a Ruder Finn Company and a fully integrated strategic communications firm...
Steven Cody is the founder and CEO of Peppercomm, a Ruder Finn Company and a fully integrated strategic communications firm headquartered in NYC, with offices located in San Francisco and London. In that role he is responsible for everything from implementing strategy and counseling clients to leading business development and bringing new products and services to market. In short, he does everything but clean windows.
Clayton Fletcher is a NYC-based stand-up comedian, actor and writer who has been featured on Hulu, Sirius/XM, MSNBC, and ESPN. His smart, clean, provocative comedy is geared towards audiences hungry for laughs without the crude shock value that is prevalent in stand-up today. Clayton has taught thousands of aspiring comedians (and thousands of brave businesspeople) how to unlock the prodigious power of truth in comedy. He has served as Chief Comedy Officer at Peppercomm for 13 years.show more
- Publish Date10/17/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:42:00
- Price $21.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.