The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts: How to Comply with the Key Rules and Regulations . . . and Avoid Terminated Agreements, Fines, or Worse
- Regular price
- Sale price
Each year, the federal government awards billions of dollars in small-business contracts. It's both the lifeblood of hundreds of thousands of companies and a quagmire of red tape. One misstep can result in hefty fines, cancelled contracts-even jail time. The Small-Business Guide to Government Contracts puts a wealth of specialized legal counsel at readers' fingertips. It's the one book that looks beyond winning a piece of the $500 billion pie and concentrates on the crucial but complex Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other rules required for keeping the contract alive and avoiding penalties. Clear answers to the most important compliance questions are inside, including: * Is a small business really small? * Who is eligible for the HUBZone, 8(a), SDVO or WOSB programs? * What salaries and benefits must be offered? * What ethical requirements must be followed? * When does affiliation become a liability? No one can afford to be lax with the rules or too harried to heed them. This book helps contractors meet their compliance obligations-and keep the pipeline flowing.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Steven Koprince
- About the Contributor(s) STEVEN J. KOPRINCE is an attorney whose practice focuses on representing small businesses and government contractors.STEVEN J. KOPRINCE is an attorney whose practice focuses on representing small businesses and government contractors. show more
- Publish Date06/06/2012
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.1 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)26.4 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.5(w) x 1.13(d) inches
- Price $20.97
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.