The Spanx Story: What's Underneath the Incredible success of Sara Blakely's Billion Dollar Empire - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
What can you learn from one of the most successful companies in the world? The Spanx Story will help you understand and adopt the competitive strategies, workplace culture, and daily business practices that enabled entrepreneur Sara Blakely to dominate the shapewear industry and become a billionaire.
Sara Blakely had a problem. She had a beautiful pair of white designer pants hanging in her closet just calling out to her to wear them, even though they accented her least favorite feature: cellulite. After searching high and low for a solution and coming up empty, an idea was born: Spanx.
The Spanx Story chronicles Sara’s journey from long nights researching patent and trademark law, to years of cold shoulders she received from the titans of the pantyhose industry, to the cold call that led to the shelves of Nieman Marcus. It was a long road of incredible hard work and determination that led Spanx to become the iconic brand it is today.
Through Sara’s story, you will learn:
- How to develop an idea and turn it into a business.
- How to start a company with very little capital by thinking outside of the box and dedicating every spare moment to your goal.
- How to recognize when it’s better to hire a CEO than to be the CEO.
- How to stay the course and continue to believe in your idea, despite naysayers and going against an industry resistant to innovation.
The Spanx Story educates and inspires entrepreneurs and innovators to find the problem for their solutions and persevere through the hard work that goes into building a billion-dollar company.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Charlie Wetzel , Stephanie Wetzel
- Narrator(s) Hayley Cresswell
- About the Contributor(s) Charlie Wetzel is a writer, teacher, and cook. He wrote The Marvel Studios Story, the screenplay for the award-winning short...
Charlie Wetzel is a writer, teacher, and cook. He wrote The Marvel Studios Story, the screenplay for the award-winning short film “The Candy Shop,” and more than a hundred books with New York Times bestselling author John C. Maxwell. When Charlie isn’t writing, he’s creating cooking videos for his YouTube channel “Becoming a Cook” with Stephanie, his wife of twenty-eight years, or they’re spending time with their three adult children.
Stephanie Wetzel has been her husband Charlie’s primary editor for as long as they’ve been married, including for every book Charlie has written with author John C. Maxwell. A writer in her own right, she blogged for a decade—back when blogging was still cool. She now partners in writing with Charlie and works with other authors. Stephanie loves being wife to Charlie and mom to three young adults. She forces herself to run with Charlie, but she actually enjoys reading, learning, traveling, and eating former chef Charlie’s cooking. Stephanie grew up obsessed with horses and competed as a teenager at extremely low levels in local shows. No longer a regular rider, she still occasionally gets a tear in her eye at the sight of a horse.show more
- Publish Date10/27/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Series The Business Storybook Series
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time03:59:00
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.