The Startup Gold Mine: How to Tap the Hidden Innovation Agendas of Large Companies to Fund and Grow Your Business - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
The startup playbook for partnering with big business
Corporations are desperate to overhaul their culture and the perception that they are giant, bureaucratic dinosaurs too slow to react in a rapidly changing business landscape. Many are trying to be more innovative and agile, like a startup. One easy way to achieve this goal is through partnering with or acquiring a startup. Corporate venture capital (CVC) now makes up 25 percent (~$18 billion) of all venture capital dollars in North America.
The Startup Gold Mine reveals how the world’s largest and most prestigious brands make innovation decisions, including new product launches, vendor-startup partnerships, and even billion-dollar acquisitions. The book also details the ways startups can leverage corporate strengths and weaknesses for mutual benefit. Readers will learn
- Why the “innovator’s dilemma” is leading large companies to seek out partnerships with startups
- How to close a deal with a large company, from first connection to getting paid
- Strategies to troubleshoot common land mines that startups encounter when working with large companies
- Ways to navigate the convoluted corporate landscape without spending a fortune on conferences and consultants.
Author Neil Soni draws on his experience as an entrepreneur and as an external innovator with premier brands like Estée Lauder, MAC, and Smashbox to reveal large companies’ inner workings, as well as how startup founders and employees can use this knowledge to close the biggest deals of their lives.
Charts and interview transcripts available in the audiobook companion PDF download.
PRAISE FOR THE STARTUP GOLD MINE
“A really useful guide for startup founders and big company executives alike. Packed with practical steps and common mistakes, this book is one to read attentively and keep handy for future referencing.”
--Maria Thomas, former Etsy CEO, SmartThings CMO
“The Startup Gold Mine is THE playbook for getting your startup-corporate deals across the finish line. Every founder needs to read this!”
--Justin Mares, founder of Kettle & Fire, coauthor of Traction
“Over the last decade, big companies have completely changed their approach to innovation, with startups at the center of those efforts. The Fortune 500 are turning to startups for innovation across every facet of their business, ranging from marketing and sales to customer service and logistics. Gone are the days when ‘no one ever got fired for buying IBM.’”
--Dave Knox, author of Predicting the Turn, cofounder of The Brandery, CMO of Rockfish
“A productive relationship with the right corporate partner can unlock years of growth for a startup. On the other hand, there are numerous pitfalls along the way that can have you running in circles. The principles in The Startup Gold Mine give founders the proper framework to navigate the startup-corporate intersection to get their deal done.”
--Sean Ammirati, partner at Birchmere Ventures, author of The Science of Growth
“Giftology will get you in the door. The Startup Gold Mine will help you close the deal. This is a must-read book for anyone selling into large organizations!”
--John Ruhlin, author of Giftology, founder and CEO of the Ruhlin Group
“I’ve been working with startups in rapidly growing and evolving industries for over a decade. The principles Neil outlines in The Startup Gold Mine are spot on and essential reading for any founder looking to grow his or her business.”
--Chris Chaney, founder, president, and owner, Infinite Esports & EntertainmentRead Less
- Contributor(s)Neil Soni
- Narrator(s) Stu Gray
- About the Contributor(s) Neil Soni has built, grown, and created new ventures – both within the world’s largest brands and as an independent...
Neil Soni has built, grown, and created new ventures – both within the world’s largest brands and as an independent entrepreneur. Neil is currently the Founder & CEO of Unlimited Brewing Company, the world’s first platform for customizing and personalizing beer. He also runs a growth and innovation consulting practice, which helps startups and Fortune 500 companies partner and invest in cross-industry technology and commercial opportunities. Since April 2015, he has been working with The Estée Lauder Companies (ELC) to start and build their Global External Innovation function. Prior to these endeavors, Neil led the growth team at MomTrusted.com, a social marketplace for early education with over 3 million users, and founded CollegeZen, a social platform for high school students, peer mentors, and colleges. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation named CollegeZen one of the worldwide winners of the College Knowledge Challenge.show more
- Publish Date10/16/2018
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time05:22:00
- Price $14.69
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.