The Un-Prescription for Autism: A Natural Approach for a Calmer, Happier, and More Focused Child
Janet Lintala | Martha Murphy
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
A safe and simple action plan for autism parents. Each year, more than 50,000 U.S. families receive an autism diagnosis. On top of turmoil and worr... Read More
A safe and simple action plan for autism parents. Each year, more than 50,000 U.S. families receive an autism diagnosis. On top of turmoil and worry, they share the same urgent question: What can we do to help our child? The answers parents find can be contradictory...even dangerous. The conventional approach (employed by too many pediatricians) is to medicate difficult behaviors into submission-suppressing symptoms while leaving underlying health challenges untouched. Surfing the Internet for alternatives just leads to confusion. Now, Dr. Janet Lintala, founder of the Autism Health center and an autism mom herself, shares the natural protocols used in her practice to dramatically improve the function and well-being of children on the spectrum. Drawing on the latest research developments, as well as personal and clinical experience, she targets the underlying issues (chronic inflammation, oxidative stress, gastrointestinal dysfunction, immune dysregulation) associated with the behavior, bowel, and sleep problems so common to autism. Correcting these overlooked conditions with digestive enzymes, probiotics, antifungals, and other nonpsychiatric treatments brings transformative results: less pain, less aggression, and a child who is more receptive to behavioral and educational interventions. While the medical profession is slow to change, autistic kids need help immediately. The Un-Prescription for Autism provides clear explanations, detailed protocols, and examples to help parents act quickly to restore their child's health, self-control, and language-paving the way for reaching their full potential. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Janet Lintala , Martha Murphy
- About the Contributor(s) JANET LINTALA, DC founded and heads Autism Health!, serving children and adults in 12 states. Her advice integrates the clinical...JANET LINTALA, DC founded and heads Autism Health!, serving children and adults in 12 states. Her advice integrates the clinical expertise of a nonprescription autism practice with the firsthand experience only an autism parent can deliver. MARTHA W. MURPHY is an award-winning health writer. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.03 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $13.27
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.