The Unspoken Truths for Career Success: Navigating Pay, Promotions, and Power at Work - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
Read by the author.
STOP SPINNING YOUR WHEELS AND TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CAREER FUTURE TODAY.
Building a successful career in the world of remote work, hybrid schedules, and a lack of work/life balance is not easy. In fact it’s difficult and often seems impossible. But, it doesn’t have to be that way. By confronting the lies we are told about building a career, this book will bring you one step closer to the epiphany that will change your life.
This workplace manual lays out the truth behind the lies that are fueling the most common career frustrations, including:
- The truth about pay. Hard work doesn’t always lead to more money. Learn how to leverage your position to maximize your salary.
- The truth about promotions. If you want to be considered for a better job title with better pay, you need to be better than your job description. Understand how to build the skills you need to be considered for a promotion.
- The truth about loyalty. Companies are not designed to return the loyalty you give them. Stop waiting for the praise you’ve earned and start focusing on your future.
- The truth about burnout. Work/life balance doesn’t have to mean taking a step back. Learn to work with your brain and not against it.
- The truth about office politics and power. You may hate office politics, but they are in every company in every industry. Learn to use the political landscape of your workplace to your advantage.
Master these unspoken truths for greater recognition, increased opportunities for pay and promotions, and to provide a path to greater influence and power. The truth can indeed set you free.
"A terrific read for the new generations rising in the workforce—and for their leaders." — Stephen M. R. Covey, The New York Times and #1 Wall Street Journal bestselling author of The Speed of Trust and Trust & Inspire
Figures, illustrations, and exercises are included in the audiobook companion PDF download.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tessa White
- Narrator(s) Tessa White
- About the Contributor(s) Known as The Job Doctor, Tessa White exploded on social media with her expertise on careers and how to navigate...
Known as The Job Doctor, Tessa White exploded on social media with her expertise on careers and how to navigate the complicated relationship between individuals and the workplace. Her insights struck a chord, garnering more than one million followers and podcast listeners since her first TikTok post in 2020. Her first role, working with acclaimed leadership expert Stephen R. Covey, started her on a 25-year journey designing and leading human resource functions—from Fortune 50 companies, to fast growth technology startups, to one of the largest direct sales companies in the nation. Her career straight talk and thought leadership on the future of work is found in top-tier media, and she has been listed as one of the top entrepreneurs to watch in 2022 by USA Today.show more
- Publish Date02/28/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time08:04:00
- Price $24.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.