This Is How to Get Your Next Job: An Inside Look at What Employers Really Want
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
“Why didn't you hire the last ten people you interviewed and passed on?” Leading career expert and syndicated columnist Andrea Kay as... Read More
“Why didn’t you hire the last ten people you interviewed and passed on?” Leading career expert and syndicated columnist Andrea Kay asked numerous employers that single, simple question because of what she felt seemed a glaring disconnect in the business world--millions of educated, qualified people either out of work or unhappily employed, despite an increasing number of companies with job openings they can’t seem to fill. How could that be? This Is How to Get Your Next Job is the story of her quest for answers and, more importantly, the surprising conclusions she was led to by these employers frustrated with not being able to fill these positions. The overwhelmingly common answers she received time after time were not about skills or experience but about how applicants behaved and spoke during the interview. From lack of preparation, to pushiness, to a subtly defensive attitude, these simple behaviors that prospective employees exhibited before, during, and after interviews ended up nullifying their otherwise-qualified résumé. Now, in this well-researched book based on candid insights from real-life employers, job hunters can learn how to take control of how they come across to the people in charge of giving them the exciting, rewarding opportunities they are seeking. Show them why you’re the perfect fit for their job! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Andrea Kay
- About the Contributor(s) ANDREA KAY is a career consultant and syndicated columnist who has helped tens of thousands of people find new jobs...ANDREA KAY is a career consultant and syndicated columnist who has helped tens of thousands of people find new jobs and take charge of their careers. She is the author of six books including Life's a Bitch and then You Change Careers, and her syndicated column, "At Work" appears weekly in over 80 newspapers and countless websites, including the online edition of USA Today. She's been interviewed in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Chicago Tribune, Forbes, Money, Kiplinger Personal Finance, Redbook, and on radio and TV across the U.S. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.91 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)36.42 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $8.00
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.