Training in Motion: How to Use Movement to Create Engaging and Effective Learning
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book explains how movement enhances learning and introduces a unique and highly effective way to energize a team and increase retention through simple body-focused techniques.
Whether your employees are stuck behind a desk or having to sit through another meeting, chances are they are being kept from moving around most of the workday. This is resulting in restless bodies, wavering attention spans, and--based on the latest neuroscience research--decreased learning and productivity. Managers desiring to maximize their employees’ productivity and reach new levels of success for the company would be wise to not ignore the innate human desire for motion.
In Training in Motion, learn how to:
- Tie lessons to movement in order to reinforce concepts
- Manage learners’ physical and emotional states to increase engagement and bolster memory
- Use posture, physical gestures, and other movements to command interest
- Employ quick physical breaks to efficiently refocus your team
- Turn lackluster meetings into high-achieving learning environments
Complete with practical, easy-to-apply activities, Training in Motion will help you add an almost universally untapped component to your training and managing methods that will provide your office environment the winning edge you’ve been searching for.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Mike Kuczala
- About the Contributor(s) MIKE KUCZALA is President of Kuczala Consulting and the Director of Instruction for the Regional Training Center, an educator development...MIKE KUCZALA is President of Kuczala Consulting and the Director of Instruction for the Regional Training Center, an educator development firm. He has designed or co-designed three of the most successful courses in RTC's history-all incorporating movement into training. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.03 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.6 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.25(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $24.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.