Transforming Performance Measurement: Rethinking the Way We Measure and Drive Organizational Success
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
It's no secret that you can't improve your organization's performance without measuring it. In fact, every function, unit, process, and the organiz... Read More
It's no secret that you can't improve your organization's performance without measuring it. In fact, every function, unit, process, and the organization as a whole, is built and run according to the parameters and expectations of its measurement system. So you'd better make sure you're doing it right. All too often, performance measurement creates dysfunction, whether among individuals, teams, or across entire divisions and companies. Most traditional measurement systems actually encourage unhealthy competition for personal gain, creating internal conflict and breeding distrust of performance measurement. Transforming Performance Measurement presents a breakthrough approach that will not only significantly reduce those dysfunctions, but also promote alignment with business strategy, maximize cross-enterprise integration, and help everyone to work collaboratively to drive value throughout your organization. Performance improvement thought leader Dean Spitzer explains why performance measurement should be less about calculations and analysis and more about the crucial social factors that determine how well the measurements get used. His ""socialization of measurement"" process focuses on learning and improvement from measurement, and on the importance of asking such questions as: How well do our measures reflect our business model? How successfully are they driving our strategy? What should we be measuring and not measuring? Are the right people having the right measurement discussions? Performance measurement is a dynamic process that calls for an awareness of the balance necessary between seemingly disparate ideas: the technical and the social aspects of performance measurement. For example, you need technology to manage the flood of data, but you must make sure that it supports the people who will be making decisions and taking action crucial to your organization's success. This book shows you how to design that technical-social balance into your measurement system. While it is urgent to start taking action now, transforming your organization's performance measurement system will take time. Transforming Performance Measurement gives you assessment tools to gauge where you are now and a roadmap for moving, with little or no disruption, to a more "transformational" and mature measurement system. The book also provides 34 TMAPs, Transformational Measurement Action Plans, which suggest both well-accepted and "emergent" measures (in areas such as marketing, human resources, customer service, knowledge management, productivity, information technology, research and development, costing, and more) that you can use right away. In the end, you get what you measure. If you measure the wrong things, you will take your company farther and farther away from its mission and strategic goals. Transforming Performance Measurement tells you not only what to measure, but how to do it -- and in what context -- to make a truly transformational difference in your enterprise. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dean Spitzer
- About the Contributor(s) Dean R. Spitzer, Ph.D., has more than 30 years of experience helping organizations worldwide achieve superior performance. He is currently...Dean R. Spitzer, Ph.D., has more than 30 years of experience helping organizations worldwide achieve superior performance. He is currently a senior researcher, consultant, and performance measurement thought leader with IBM Corporation, where he is doing groundbreaking research on "the socialization of measurement" and on identifying innovative measurement models. The author of six other books and more than 150 articles, Dr. Spitzer is a much sought-after consultant and conference presenter. He lives in Melbourne, Florida. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.98 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)17.7 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.15(w) x 1.04(d) inches
- Price $20.97
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.