Turning the Flywheel: A Monograph to Accompany Good to Great - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
A companion guidebook to the number-one bestselling Good to Great, focused on implementation of the flywheel concept, one of Jim Collins’ most memorable ideas that has been used across industries and the social sectors, and with startups.
The key to business success is not a single innovation or one plan. It is the act of turning the flywheel, slowly gaining momentum and eventually reaching a breakthrough. Building upon the flywheel concept introduced in his groundbreaking classic Good to Great, Jim Collins teaches readers how to create their own flywheel, how to accelerate the flywheel’s momentum, and how to stay on the flywheel in shifting markets and during times of turbulence.
Combining research from his Good to Great labs and case studies from organizations like Amazon, Vanguard, and the Cleveland Clinic which have turned their flywheels with outstanding results, Collins demonstrates that successful organizations can disrupt the world around them—and reach unprecedented success—by employing the flywheel concept.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jim Collins
- Narrator(s) Jim Collins
- About the Contributor(s) Jim Collins is a student and teacher of what makes great companies tick, and a Socratic advisor to leaders in...Jim Collins is a student and teacher of what makes great companies tick, and a Socratic advisor to leaders in the business and social sectors. Having invested more than a quarter-century in rigorous research, he has authored or coauthored six books that have sold in total more than 10 million copies worldwide. They include Good to Great, Built to Last, How the Mighty Fall, and Great by Choice. Driven by a relentless curiosity, Jim began his research and teaching career on the faculty at the Stanford Graduate School of Business, where he received the Distinguished Teaching Award in 1992. In 1995, he founded a management laboratory in Boulder, Colorado. In addition to his work in the business sector, Jim has a passion for learning and teaching in the social sectors, including education, healthcare, government, faith-based organizations, social ventures, and cause-driven nonprofits. In 2012 and 2013, he had the honor to serve a two-year appointment as the Class of 1951 Chair for the Study of Leadership at the United States Military Academy at West Point. In 2017, Forbes selected Jim as one of the 100 Greatest Living Business Minds. Jim has been an avid rock climber for more than forty years and has completed single-day ascents of El Capitan and Half Dome in Yosemite Valley. Learn more about Jim and his concepts at his website, where you’ll find articles, videos, and useful tools. jimcollins.com show more
- Publish Date02/26/2019
- Series Good to Great
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time001:47:28
- Price $10.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.