We Are Market Basket: The Story of the Unlikely Grassroots Movement That Saved a Beloved Business
Daniel Korschun | Grant Welker
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
On June 23, 2014, the long-time CEO of a popular New England supermarket chain was ousted by his board of directors, led by his cousin. What transp... Read More
On June 23, 2014, the long-time CEO of a popular New England supermarket chain was ousted by his board of directors, led by his cousin. What transpired over the next two months is an inspiring tale of epic loyalty to a man who had impacted his community far beyond that of providing groceries. In We Are Market Basket, readers will learn more than simply the story of the strike heard round the world. How did a single CEO garner so much respect from his company’s managers and rank-and-file workers that they walked out of the stores and protested? How did the ousting of an executive result in customers leaving the stores and joining protest rallies? Politicians were forced to take sides, and media were left stunned at the unprecedented and united show of support for this lone businessman. What was so special about this CEO and how he ran his business that provoked such ferocious loyalty? How does a company spread across three states maintain a culture that embraces everyone--from cashier to customer--as family? Can a company really become an industry leader by prioritizing stakeholders over shareholders? With its arresting firsthand accounts from the streets and executive suites, We Are Market Basket is as inspiring as it is instructive as it chronicles the epic rise, fall, and redemption of an iconic and uniquely American company. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Daniel Korschun , Grant Welker
- About the Contributor(s) DANIEL KORSCHUN is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Drexel University's LeBow College of Business and a Fellow at the...DANIEL KORSCHUN is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Drexel University's LeBow College of Business and a Fellow at the Center for Corporate Reputation Management.
GRANT WELKER covered the Market Basket story from the start as a reporter for the Lowell Sun. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.18 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)37.74 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $12.48
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.