Weird in a World That's Not: A Career Guide for Misfits, F*ckups, and Failures - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
An honest, sharp-witted, practical guide to help you get the job you want and keep it—from an outsider who has been there and done that; a woman who went from being a broke, divorced college dropout to running some of the biggest websites in the world
Jennifer Romolini started her career as an awkward twenty-seven-year-old misfit but navigated her way through New York media and became a boss—an editor in chief, an editorial director, and a vice president—in little more than a decade. In Weird in a World That’s Not, she asserts that being outside the norm and achieving high-level success are not mutually exclusive, even if it often seems otherwise within the business world, and even if it seems that only office-politicking extroverts are set up for reward.
Part career memoir, part real-world guide, Weird in a World That’s Not offers relatable advice on how to realize your dreams, even when the odds seem stacked against you. Romolini helps you face down your fears, find a career that’s right for you, and land a job that you love. Tackling practical issues, she offers empathetic, clear-cut answers to important questions:
- How do I navigate the awkwardness of networking?
- How do I deal with intense office politics?
- How do I leave my crappy job?
- How do I learn to be a boss, not just a #boss?
- And, most important: How do I do all this and stay true to who I really am?
Authentic, funny, and moving, Weird in a World That’s Not will help you tap your inner tenacity and find your path, no matter how offbeat you are.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jennifer Romolini
- Narrator(s) Em Eldridge
- About the Contributor(s) Jennifer Romolini is the chief content officer at Shondaland.com, a website founded by Shonda Rhimes. She was previously the editor...Jennifer Romolini is the chief content officer at Shondaland.com, a website founded by Shonda Rhimes. She was previously the editor in chief of HelloGiggles and Yahoo Shine, and the deputy editor of Lucky magazine. Her writing has appeared in the New York Times and Lenny Letter. She lives in Los Angeles. show more
- Publish Date06/06/2017
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time008:11:16
- Price $15.39
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.