When Kids Call the Shots: How to Seize Control from Your Darling Bully -- and Enjoy Being a Parent Again
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Are your kids pummeling you with demands and bossing you around with impunity? Have your once-precious preschoolers become rebellious, entitled, an... Read More
Are your kids pummeling you with demands and bossing you around with impunity? Have your once-precious preschoolers become rebellious, entitled, and disrespectful to authority? How did we get here? What went wrong? While there are plenty of so-called experts who might try to validate your convictions that you have done all you can to “fix” your “difficult” children, the hard truth is, they’re not doing you any favors by placing the responsibility solely on your children. Parenting struggles rarely originate from just one side. Instead, they erupt at the volatile intersection of a child's personality with a parent's own insecurities and behaviors. To put it another way, if you want to fix your rebellious and disrespectful child, you need to start by fixing yourself. In When Kids Call the Shots, therapist and parenting expert Sean Grover untangles the forces driving family dysfunction, and helps parents assume their leadership roles once again. Parents will discover: • Three common bullying styles used by kids • Parenting styles that contribute to power balances • Critical testing periods in a child’s development • Coping mechanisms that backfire • Personalized plans for calmly exerting authority in any scenario • And much more! The solution to any problem begins with learning to control what you can control. In parenting, you’ve already learned how impossible it is to control your kids. So begin by controlling you! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Sean Grover
- About the Contributor(s) SEAN GROVER, LCSW, has worked in child development and adult psychotherapy for 20 years, and maintains one of the largest...SEAN GROVER, LCSW, has worked in child development and adult psychotherapy for 20 years, and maintains one of the largest private group therapy practices in the U.S. He has been quoted in Newsweek, New York Magazine, NPR, and elsewhere about parent-child relationships. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.82 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.63 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $15.00
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.