When the Pressure's On: The Secret to Winning When You Can't Afford to Lose
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
At the highest level of any pursuit, the final outcome is not determined by a difference in skill, talent, or physical preparedness. When the press... Read More
At the highest level of any pursuit, the final outcome is not determined by a difference in skill, talent, or physical preparedness. When the pressure is on, and everything is on the line, the difference between the two top performers is always mental: one will hold it together and shift to a new gear, while the other succumbs to the pressure and falls short of the goal. This is true not only for physical competitions but in the business world as well. Whether you are confronting a crisis, making a pitch, negotiating a deal, or facing a deadline, your mindset can be the difference maker. In When the Pressure’s On!, sports psychologist Louis S. Csoka teaches readers how to bring peak performance principles to the boardroom, revealing five core mental skills that enable professionals to excel while under duress: • Goal Setting--become mission-driven • Adaptive Thinking--replace negative thoughts with positive ones • Stress/Energy Management--keep your cool no matter what • Attention Control--maintain focus despite distractions • Imagery--see success before it happens Together, the five skills form the core of Csoka’s proven complete brain-training program shared in this invaluable resource. Packed with guidelines, examples, exercises, assessments, and the latest advances in biofeedback and neuroscience, When the Pressure’s On! is your secret to harnessing the power of your mind and gaining the competitive edge you need! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Louis Csoka
- About the Contributor(s) LOUIS S. CSOKA, PH.D. has specialized in teaching performance under pressure for more than 30 years. He is President of...LOUIS S. CSOKA, PH.D. has specialized in teaching performance under pressure for more than 30 years. He is President of Apex Performance, which trains clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to professional athletes. As a Professor of Psychology Leadership at West Point, he adapted sports psychology to the demands of the military and founded the school's pioneering Center for Enhanced Performance. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.03 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.83 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $17.47
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.