When Your Child Has Food Allergies: A Parent's Guide to Managing It All - From the Everyday to the Extreme
- Regular price
- Sale price
Let When Your Child Has Food Allergies be your guide to keeping your child safe—and your sanity intact.
All the answers parents need. Keeping kids safe takes vigilance, but when your child has food allergies, the challenge is greater and you worry that much more. As a food-allergy mom (and someone seriously allergic herself), author Mireille Schwartz has been through it all. Now, in this clear, reassuring guide, she helps you get a handle on food allergies, establish new routines, and restore peace to family life.
In this invaluable guide, you'll learn to:
- Spot the signs and symptoms of an allergic reaction
- Navigate testing and diagnosis
- Decipher ingredient labels, keeping an eye out for "hidden" allergens
- Allergy-proof your whole home-not just the kitchen
- Create an emergency kit and an allergy action plan
- Make school a safe and enjoyable environment
- Find lunchbox substitutions your kid will like
- Deal with restaurants, playdates, birthday parties, holidays, and other group celebrations
- Plan for safe travels- from summer camp to family getaways
From protecting your child to teaching them to take care of themselves, When Your Child Has Food Allergies covers it all so your life can get back to normal.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Mireille Schwartz
- About the Contributor(s) Mireille Schwartz is CEO of the Bay Area Allergy Advisory Board, a contributor to CNN Health and Yahoo News, and...Mireille Schwartz is CEO of the Bay Area Allergy Advisory Board, a contributor to CNN Health and Yahoo News, and columnist for Allergic Living. Schwartz, her parents, her brother, and her daughter all have serious food allergies. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.73 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.35 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.7(d) inches
- Price $12.57
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.