Wiki Management: A Revolutionary New Model for a Rapidly Changing and Collaborative World
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Command-and-control may have once been an effective model in managing the large numbers of cookie-cutter clones that business programs were produci... Read More
Command-and-control may have once been an effective model in managing the large numbers of cookie-cutter clones that business programs were producing faster than anyone could say “MBA,” but the rapid change and increasing complexity of the twenty-first century have rendered that model obsolete. For the most part, today’s managers who were trained in the old ways are not adept to succeed in the current work environment that has evolved from take-it-or-leave-it hierarchies to collaborative networks of workers and managers feeding off of each other’s ideas to build the business together. The new age of mass collaboration demands a new and extremely different model to manage by today--wiki management. Featuring enlightening examples from forward-thinking companies including Google, Whole Foods, Linux, and Wikipedia, Wiki Management outlines the revolutionary, necessary steps companies must take to: • Leverage their collective intelligence • Effectively integrate diverse points of view • Transition leaders from the role of “boss” to that of facilitator • Make “delighting customers“ more important than pleasing superiors • Achieve a shared and actionable understanding of the key drivers of business success It’s a different world today than the one you were educated in, trained in, and found great success in. This “wiki” world has reshaped both the work we do and the way we do it, making mass collaboration not only possible but usually the best solution. This groundbreaking book reveals what it takes for managers of any generation to succeed in this fast-paced and exciting new environment. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Rod Collins
- About the Contributor(s) ROD COLLINS is the Director of Innovation at Optimity Advisors, a national management consulting firm, and a leading expert on...ROD COLLINS is the Director of Innovation at Optimity Advisors, a national management consulting firm, and a leading expert on the next generation of business management. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.12 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)22.4 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $12.50
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.