Winning Now, Winning Later: How Companies Can Succeed in the Short Term While Investing for the Long Term - Audiobook (Unabridged)
- Regular price
- Sale price
LEARN HOW TO GROW YOUR BUSINESS IN A TOUGH ECONOMY
In this unpredictable business landscape, everyone is struggling to choose between chasing short-term objectives and creating a secure future for their company, but both are crucial.
As CEO of Honeywell, David Cote understood this dilemma well. He turned the company around despite facing the 2008 recession. In these pages, he shows you how taking the same revolutionary approach might be the smartest business decision you’ll ever make.
Presenting a comprehensive solution to a perennial problem, Winning Now, Winning Later is a go-to guide for you and leaders everywhere to finally transcend short-termism’s daily grind and leave an enduring legacy of success. This tested and proven approach can strengthen your business like never before and even rescue it from the brink of disaster, no matter how dire the current circumstances may seem.
In Winning Now, Winning Later, Cote shares 10 essential principles for winning today and tomorrow such as:
- Spot business practices that seem attractive in the short term but will cost the company in the future
- Determine where and how to invest in growth initiatives for maximum impact
- Sustain both short-term performance and long-term investments even in challenging times, such as a recession or leadership transition
- Feel inspired to stand up to investors and managers who are solely focused on either short- or long-term company objectives
- Step back and foster independent thinking among those around you
- Contributor(s)David M. Cote
- Narrator(s) David M. Cote
- About the Contributor(s) As Chairman and CEO of the industrial giant Honeywell over 16 years, David Cote grew the company’s market capitalization from...
As Chairman and CEO of the industrial giant Honeywell over 16 years, David Cote grew the company’s market capitalization from around $20 billion to nearly $120 billion, delivering returns of 800 percent and beating the S&P by nearly two and a half times. Currently, David is Executive Chairman of Vertiv Holdings Co., a global data center products and services provider. Since joining as Chairman, the Vertiv stock has risen 250 percent since its launch in February 2020. He was elected to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York in March 2014 and continued through March 2018, as a Class B director to represent the interests of the public. He is a member of the Aspen Economic Strategy Group and former board member of the Council on Foreign Relations and the Conference of Montreal. David holds a number of awards, including the Horatio Alger Award, CEO of the Year from Chief Executive Magazine for 2013, and Barron’s Top 30 CEO’s globally for five consecutive years.show more
- Publish Date06/30/2020
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Digital Audio - Unabridged Edition
- Running Time10:02:00
- Price $18.89
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.