1% Better: Reaching My Full Potential and How You Can Too
- Regular price
- Sale price
What would life look like if you measured your success by improvements instead of victories? Nik Nikic shares the incredible story of his son Chris’s journey to become the first person with Down syndrome to ever complete an IRONMAN® triathlon, inspiring others to achieve their goals by getting 1 percent better every day.
From the moment Chris Nikic was born, his parents knew he could achieve anything he set his mind to do. So when he became involved in triathlons with the Special Olympics, his dad, Nik, took on the role of coach and encouraged Chris to aim even higher. Together, they set their sights on making history—Chris becoming the first person with Down syndrome to complete an IRONMAN® triathlon.
Written from Chris’s father’s perspective, Nik shares the 1% Better mindset that has helped Chris achieve many of his goals—and the underlying principles of the 1% Better system can help you pursue and achieve your dreams too! Through Chris and Nik’s story, learn the benefits of applying the model to your own life and discover how to:
- Overcome the mental hurdles of pain
- Stay motivated using three irrefutable laws of motivation
- See failures as opportunities for improvement
- Form a lifelong habit of success
You may never be the best. But you can be better than your best when you stop imposing self-limitations and begin the journey to reach your goals—one confident step at a time.
Publisher’s Note: 1% Better is written in Nik Nikic’s voice. Chris and his accomplishments are the focus of 1% Better, and Chris is a coauthor of the book as he was interviewed by his father and the writer.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Chris Nikic , Nik Nikic , Don Yaeger
- About the Contributor(s) Chris Nikic is the 21-year-old man who made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman...
Chris Nikic is the 21-year-old man who made history as the first person with Down syndrome to complete an Ironman triathlon. Guiness World Records recognized Chris’s achievement after he finished a 2.4-mile swim, a 112-mile bike ride, and a 26.2-marathon run at the Ironman Florida competition in Panama City Beach. He completed the race in 16 hours 46 minutes and 9 seconds—14 minutes under the 17-hour cutoff time.
What drives Chris is this: “My mission is to honor God by being the best me I can be so I can be an example to others. I want to change the perceptions and raise expectations for others like me so we can reach our God-given potential. Believe and Achieve by getting 1% Better.”
Chris and his father, Nik, developed the "1% Better Challenge" to stay motivated during training. After his record-setting achievement, Chris will continue training for the 2021 Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii, as well as the 2022 Special Olympics USA Games.
NIK NIKIC brings over 20 years of experience in helping clients maximize top line revenue. Nik’s expertise is focused in developing a “Sales Performance Optimization System” through a hybrid approach of integrating sales process, CRM tools, and sales skills into one cohesive solution.
Over the years Nik and his organization have worked with many global companies like United Technologies, Computer Sciences Corporation, Toshiba, Deloitte, RICOH, Tech Data, Progress Energy, Clear Channel, Siemens, Xerox, Gartner Group, EMC, Parametric Technology, SCT, Cambridge Technology, GE Capital, OCE/Imagistics, NICE Systems and many others.
Nik is the father of Chris Nikic, the first person with Down syndrome to ever complete a full IRONMAN. Together they developed the 1% Better Challenge to help keep Chris motivated during his training. Having trained thousands of people during his career, Nik says, “Chris is the most coachable person I’ve ever met.”
Don Yaeger is an 11-time New York Times Best-selling author, longtime Associate Editor at Sports Illustrated and today is one of the most in-demand public speakers on the corporate circuit. He delivers an average of 70 speeches a year to an average annual audience of 100,000. He lives in Tallahassee, FL, with his wife and two children. He is the host of the highly-rated Corporate Competitor Podcast, and offers training courses developed from his years of research into high performance habits. www.donyaeger.comshow more
- Publish Date10/05/2021
- PublisherThomas Nelson
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Dimensions 8.35(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.54(d) inches
- Price $13.29
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.