Mark Goulston on Communication: 2-in-1 Bundle
- Regular price
- Sale price
Knowing how to communicate with difficult people is one of the most challenging aspects of not only management but life in general. What’s the secret to making challenging conversations with difficult people easier?
Top-ranked psychiatrist and communication expert Mark Goulston shows you how. In his books Just Listen and Talking to Crazy, Goulston lays out a roadmap for getting through to just about anybody.
In Talking to Crazy, he unlocks the mysteries of the irrational mind and explains how faulty thinking patterns develop. His keen insights are matched by a set of counterintuitive strategies proven to defuse crazy behavior, along with scripts, examples, and exercises that teach you how to use them. Inside, you’ll learn:
Why people act the way they do
How instinctive responses can exacerbate the situation and what to do instead
When to confront a problem and when to walk away
How to activate the Sanity Cycle, which quickly transforms you from threat to ally
How to use 14 simple, but effective communication techniques, including assertive submission flattery, the kiss-off, and more
In Just Listen, Goulston shares simple but powerful techniques you can use to break through the stubborn and hardened outer layers of coworkers, friends, strangers, or even enemies. You’ll discover how to:
Make a powerful and positive first impression
Talk an angry or aggressive person away from an unproductive reaction and toward a more rational mindset
Achieve buy-in, which is the linchpin of all persuasion, negotiation, and sales
Imagine dealing with an angry client, a potential customer, or even a friend or family member who isn’t seeing eye to eye with you, and knowing that you have the tools to make those conversations better so you can achieve your desired outcome. That’s what’s in store for you when you read these powerful and insightful books on better communication!Read Less
- Weight (lbs)1.29 lb
- Price $22.00
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.