Productive Performance Appraisals
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book gives you all the easy-to-use tools they need to conduct an effective review -- including sample dialogs, checklists, and forms.
When not handled correctly, performance appraisals can turn into nerve-wracking confrontations. If employees and managers aren't on the same page about expectations and performance, the working relationship can be seriously harmed.
Productive Performance Appraisals shows you how to:
- plan and organize the appraisal session
- set short- and long-term goals
- elicit the employee's input
- handle problems and "sticky" subjects such as promotions and disagreements.
This invaluable resource has new sections on rating employees, justifying scores, and weaving disciplinary language into the review. You will also find guidance on developing career plans, keeping consistent records, communicating changes in roles, how reviews are used when determining layoffs, and much more.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul Falcone , Randi Sachs
- About the Contributor(s) Paul Falcone is principal of Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching, international...
Paul Falcone is principal of Paul Falcone Workplace Leadership Consulting, LLC, specializing in management and leadership training, executive coaching, international keynote speaking, and facilitating corporate offsite retreats. He is the former CHRO of Nickelodeon and has held senior-level HR positions with Paramount Pictures, Time Warner, and City of Hope. He has extensive experience in entertainment, healthcare/biotech, and financial services, including in international, nonprofit, and union environments.
Paul is the author of a number of books, many of which have been ranked as #1 Amazon bestsellers in the categories of human resources management, business and organizational learning, labor and employment law, business mentoring and coaching, business conflict resolution and mediation, communication in management, and business decision-making and problem-solving. His books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, Indonesian, and Turkish.
Paul is a certified executive coach through the Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered Coaching program, a long-term columnist for SHRM.org and HR Magazine, and an adjunct faculty member in UCLA Extension’s School of Business and Management. He is an accomplished keynote presenter, in-house trainer, and webinar facilitator in the areas of talent and performance management, leadership development, and effective leadership communication.
Randi Sachs is a freelance business writer show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.45 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.45 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.38(d) inches
- Price $9.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.