What if the best action you could take for your health and sanity was deploying kindness?
ABC News correspondent and author, Adrienne Bankert believes kindness helped her manage stress as she worked her way from a small town reporter to an anchor on a national network. Minor efforts like leaving notes reminding coworkers of their value and showing genuine interest in the lives of strangers allowed her to avoid burnout while also opening up opportunities for her career.
Kindness probably isn’t an alternative to a plate full of veggies or your recommended weekly 150 minutes of exercise, but it does have surprising health benefits like…
- Lowering your blood pressure
- Improving overall heart health
- Increasing self-esteem and optimism
- Elevating energy and strength
- Increasing feelings of calmness
- Contributing to greater degrees of happiness
- Extending your lifespan
When you come to work healthy, you’re a better colleague and leader for it. Here are 21 quotes from Adrienne’s new book, Your Hidden Superpower, to inspire kindness in your workplace:
1. “Our world, companies, and communities are asking for...people who know how to be kind under pressure.” - Adrienne Bankert
2. “Kindness is beneficial for all and is mandatory for those who are seeking true success, no matter the goal.” - Adrienne Bankert
3. “Kindness is the gateway to new relationships and opportunities.” - Adrienne Bankert
4. "Kindness cancels cutthroat culture." - Adrienne Bankert